Looking For A Nice Hotel

TheLostDutchman

Dear forummembers,

Last summer i went to Chiang Mai for a couple of days. In 2 weeks i am returing with a thaigirlfriend. I stayed at the Top North guesthouse. I really liked the area. I'm looking for a nice hotel ( 4 or 5 star) in that area or somewhere around the bars. Im talking about the bar block with at the end a muy thai fighting ring.

Anyone suggestions? My budget is 2500 bath a night.

Thanks

Regards,

Rob

Edited by TheLostDutchman

There's two of those (bar area with boxing ring), one real close to the Top North (right next to it actually) and then a somewhat livelier one up Loi Kroh road towards the night bazar.

If the first location, then try 'De Naga', a boutique hotel that you should be able to book for around 2500 baht on agoda.com ( http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/chiang_...naga_hotel.html ) But there are similar optioins nearby.

If the second location, perhaps the Raming Lodge (quite a bit cheaper, that's more of a three star) or Imperial Mae Ping (also a bit under your budget; this one used to be more expensive when it was newer. )

Another very good choice in the Night Bazar area is the Royal Princess Hotel.

Personally though I think the Old Town area is better than the more touristy night bazar area.