Ais 12call

webfact

using Dprompt I could extend the topped-up money validity up to 1y by dialing a special number. Forgot the number already because I switched to AIS.

Question: How can I extend the expiration date to 1y on AIS 12call? Also possible by dialing a special number?

thx

I think you simply have to top up 300 baht and that gives you up to a year. Call 1175 and ask, they speak very good English and resolve any problems quickly. Also *777 will give you a list of the latest promotions they are running. Simly press the appropriate number and Bobs your uncle :)

I think you simply have to top up 300 baht and that gives you up to a year. Call 1175 and ask, they speak very good English and resolve any problems quickly. Also *777 will give you a list of the latest promotions they are running. Simly press the appropriate number and Bobs your uncle :)

300 Baht gives you one MONTH :D

TRUE has a new product called "Inter Sim", just top it up once and you have 1 year validity.

though, even it is called "INTER" (= international) SIM; they don't offer roaming, so you cannot use it while you are outside the LOS. ridiculous.....

I have such a SIM which I sometimes give to friends visiting me here, otherwise I definitely wouldn't recommend and kind of TRUE-services

300 Baht gives you one MONTH

No it doesn't. At least not on my phone. Each time I top up the SMS I receive says valid for a year.

Hmmmm - your mileage may vary !

I have two AIS One 2 Call SIM cards, on one if I add 50 Baht's worth of top up card I get the message back that the extra 50 Baht has been added to the existing total stored credit and that credit is valid until 365 days after the day that I added it.

On my other AIS One 2 Call SIM card if I carry out the exact same operation the resultant SMS back to me says that 50 has been added and that credit total is valid for two weeks or something like that - totally useless to me.

Both SIM cards were bought from typical resellers, I guess they are on the same calling scheme (I should check), the first SIM is about 5 years old and the second about 2 years old. They both have had a lot of money fed through them and were in regular use, till I put the second one aside and have not used it for some months.

The only main difference that I can think of is that the first SIM is registered to me, the second is floating.

Call the AIS information line 1175. I called for a friend today and she put him on a plan that will extend the SIM expiration date. He wanted a 6 month extension and she changed his plan so could get the extension for a 600 baht top up.

well yeah, that's basically the regular 30 days per 100 Baht top-up, I have such a plan too.

but I don't know any AIS plan that offers 365 days.

I only know the INTER-SIM from TRUE-crap-corp which indeed gives u 365 days for each top-up

i also wish to know how to use my sim for a year ... a simply 300 baht refill will give me just some more weeks/months, but not a year ...

and second question ... which number should i deal to get cheap rates to europe (germany)?

i have the answer already ... you can sign up for mao mao service ... then you can get 30 more days validity for 30 baht ... 30 baht is just a fee for validity extension, that's all ... it also includes 30 free minutes, but it's no 30 baht top up as usual ...

can anybody recommend a number which i should use for calls to europe (germany)?

i have the answer already ... you can sign up for mao mao service ... then you can get 30 more days validity for 30 baht ... 30 baht is just a fee for validity extension, that's all ... it also includes 30 free minutes, but it's no 30 baht top up as usual ...

can anybody recommend a number which i should use for calls to europe (germany)?

The plan my friend signed up for allowed him to call the US for 4 baht a minute. Call center instructed him to call 0050. Don't know if this will work under your plan or not but worth a try. If not, I've had good results with the ZayHi calling card.

Thanks for that. I found that very useful. I just added 5 months that way:

To do this --

dial * 500 * 9 # CALL

and repeat for as many 30 day blocks as you like.

Thanks for that. I found that very useful. I just added 5 months that way:

To do this --

dial * 500 * 9 # CALL

and repeat for as many 30 day blocks as you like.

what is that for ?

doing that, did you now sign up for any specific plan or is that just a single non-recurring transaction to add 30 days validity at a price of 30 Baht ?

... or is that just a single non-recurring transaction to add 30 days validity at a price of 30 Baht ?

that's it ... it's not a real top-up of balance ... for 30 baht you just extend your validity by 30 days ...

however, you'll also get some free minutes ...

your plan doesn't change!

here are the details:

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/Pro...ion_MaoMao.html

maomao has different services ... you can also buy 10 sms at a price of 10 baht ... and some more ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just bumping this because it might help some people out.

I was still able to extend by a month at a time using the details above (To do this --

dial * 500 * 9 # CALL

and repeat for as many 30 day blocks as you like.).

However the AIS link in post 15 no longer works. I also can't find the same instructions on the AIS site as I could before. Maybe it's still there, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, hope this helps people wanting to extend.

Edited by Jingthing