Bbc Iplayer

bangkok blue

I'm going mad!

Have done everything I can possibly think of to listen to the Live BBC Radio stations, e.g. Radio 1 etc....

I have downloaded Flash and also Java.

I have even downloaded the firefox version of Flash too.

Cannot get it to work on explorer , when the window pops up the whole things freezes and says the programme is not responding.

Morzilla at least tries to connect but simply can't manage to stream live.

I have also downloaded Real player as thought I may need this as listening from abroad.

I have enabled all "Activex controls" and Java on my sercurity settings.

Still nothing!!!!!

I also have other programmes on my comp' such as Sopcast, limewire and Utorrent...

Maybe Sopcast or another programme is interfering with it???

I'm at a complete loss. I have tried other computers and they connect fine, I can also listen to the library of BBC shows that they offer in their listen again library and I can listen to other online radio stations with no problem al all.

It can't be my computer as it's brand new, my internet is 8MB ADSL from TRUE so doubt it's that either.

Can anyone help, before I tear all my hair out?

thanks

I'm listening live right now (to Radio 2) with no funny VPNs or anything else.

I suggest to our OP that he disable anything else running on his PC, try setting up another user with a bare profile and see if that scores :)

Working now, listening LIVE, couldn't listen live directly through the BBC iplayer. Although opened realplayer and started streaming immediately when I clicked on the channel....

seems the iplayer will only work for repeated shows.

Any ideas how it may be possible to watch the programmes the BBC put on via iplayer?

Actually scrap that! Realplayer worked fine from 4 til around 6pm and then put it on again at 7:30pm no probs.

9:30pm wouldn't play BBC radio or anything!!!!!

Thought I'd give iplayer another go, not a sausage, just caused windows to crash and had to close it!

Although I could listen to Chris Moyles on "Listen again" through iplayer.

WEIRD is a fookin understatement and it's doing my head in.

What are you doing on your comp' Crossy that I'm not?

Could it be a conflict of programmes? As I also have sopcast and TVants installed so I can watch Live sport.