California Wow - Pattaya

JimmyTheMook

Stop Press !

A good mate of mine just emailed to say he paid 7,250 baht for a 'lifetime' membership at WOW..

The end must be nigh and they are getting desperate.. When they opened they were asking 20,000 + which rapidly dropped to 16,000 baht..then down to 10K

I joined when they first opened but gave it up.. Far too loud to train.. And despite being the only customer early one morning they refused to lower the volume...Might be okay for aerobics, running or a fast circuit.. But the music doesn't suit me or a heavy weight workout... Not to mention they play the same <deleted> loop over and over again..

Hopefully they will go bust and somebody else with a more customer oriented approach will take over.. I sorely miss the old Universe gym on Beach Road.. Was so good to be able to work out then walk/jog along the beach...

There are literally dozens of gyms in Pattaya .. But sadly I don't think one of them really does a good job... They all suffer from one or the other... Old equipment, Dingy, Aircon off or too warm to please the staff, Noisy disco/hiphop/dance music, crap changing rooms, poor location etc etc..

A gym isn't an easy business to run.. Hight start up costs and poor cash flow if other lines like courses, clothes, nutritional supplements, protein shakes, coffees etc aren't available..

Shame.. surely somebody could get it right....

Edited by Pdaz

Stop Press !

A good mate of mine just emailed to say he paid 7,250 baht for a 'lifetime' membership at WOW..

The end must be nigh and they are getting desperate.. When they opened they were asking 20,000 + which rapidly dropped to 16,000 baht..then down to 10K

I joined when they first opened but gave it up.. Far too loud to train.. And despite being the only customer early one morning they refused to lower the volume...Might be okay for aerobics, running or a fast circuit.. But the music doesn't suit me or a heavy weight workout... Not to mention they play the same <deleted> loop over and over again..

Hopefully they will go bust and somebody else with a more customer oriented approach will take over.. I sorely miss the old Universe gym on Beach Road.. Was so good to be able to work out then walk/jog along the beach...

There are literally dozens of gyms in Pattaya .. But sadly I don't think one of them really does a good job... They all suffer from one or the other... Old equipment, Dingy, Aircon off or too warm to please the staff, Noisy disco/hiphop/dance music, crap changing rooms, poor location etc etc..

A gym isn't an easy business to run.. Hight start up costs and poor cash flow if other lines like courses, clothes, nutritional supplements, protein shakes, coffees etc aren't available..

Shame.. surely somebody could get it right....

You are very hard to please (aka winger). Surprising for a person who thought the old Universe gym was a good gym. You shouldn't forget that this is SE Asia, which doesn't have a gym culture. Considering that first, the gyms available in Pattaya are very good.

I have fantastic workouts here.