Thai Government Seeking International Help In Capturing Thaksin

webfact

I don't think Interpol can arrest anyone, can they?

And what you think go happen iff they arrest him...? Do they really wish to have an uprising here in Thailand..not forget how many follow him ....

What uprising? The red showed already the best they can.

2000-3000 people hardcore supporters

50.000 if they pay everyone 200-500 Baht.

The last "mass-demonstrations" were such a shame that they might be the reason for Thaksins desperate attempt to get more attention.

The usual uneducated guy in Isaan may like Thaksin because he gave him 500 Baht, but when it turns to a Thailand against Cambodia they stay with Thailand.

Cambodia is not very popular.

Even that all is just media non sense.

That all might not be logic but it is the way it works. The enemy from outside.

i have been reading all of these you lots wrote some good some just a load of ....t.

the red has now have 15,000,000 registered member nation wide and the PAD has 500,000 and getting smaller (cause they backed the wrong party !?!) as for paying money for people to go and stand and listen to them that bit is true when the PAD was doing their bit . i got paid 500 baht for over 3 months (that when TS was still here in Thailand ) there were 1000 of us getting paid the rest came in the food box the first 2000 boxes of food contant 200 baht in it . and many people know so alot of peoples turn up early to get it . some do some don't.

as for ythe red are the same thay pay too .i went to pattaya i got paid 1000 baht (for petrol) and many get paid 500 (i dont know how many) this is Thailand ... Thai people always expect to get pay when they do something (some want money for nothing) this Groverment will leave by the end of this year but they want to make sure it will be hard for TS to come back in. thay know that the next election they will not get in again ! (they did not get voted in the first place ) if you managed to get hold of thier 5 step plan yo will see how they have been planing to get in to power.

i am saying TS not corropt. but This Is Thailand (TIT) all the past Groverment taken money some do work to improve the country some don't and this current Grovernment did nothing to improve the country . please get your fact right there are many peoples reading this site . soory if i offend any of you !

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what you think go happen iff they arrest him...? Do they really wish to have an uprising here in Thailand..not forget how many follow him ....

The last "mass-demonstrations" were such a shame that they might be the reason for Thaksins desperate attempt to get more attention.

The usual uneducated guy in Isaan may like Thaksin because he gave him 500 Baht, but when it turns to a Thailand against Cambodia they stay with Thailand.

i have been reading all of these you lots wrote some good some just a load of ....t.

the red has now have 15,000,000 registered member nation wide and the PAD has 500,000 and getting smaller (cause they backed the wrong party !?!) as for paying money for people to go and stand and listen to them that bit is true when the PAD was doing their bit . i got paid 500 baht for over 3 months (that when TS was still here in Thailand ) there were 1000 of us getting paid the rest came in the food box the first 2000 boxes of food contant 200 baht in it . and many people know so alot of peoples turn up early to get it . some do some don't.

as for ythe red are the same thay pay too .i went to pattaya i got paid 1000 baht (for petrol) and many get paid 500 (i dont know how many) this is Thailand ... Thai people always expect to get pay when they do something (some want money for nothing) this Groverment will leave by the end of this year but they want to make sure it will be hard for TS to come back in. thay know that the next election they will not get in again ! (they did not get voted in the first place ) if you managed to get hold of thier 5 step plan yo will see how they have been planing to get in to power.

i am saying TS not corropt. but This Is Thailand (TIT) all the past Groverment taken money some do work to improve the country some don't and this current Grovernment did nothing to improve the country . please get your fact right there are many peoples reading this site . soory if i offend any of you !

TiT indeed.

We know it's true but this is the first post of its kind I've read anywhere, ie, a direct account of receiving money to attend public functions, whether red or yellow. We just don't see many of this sort so in a way it's refreshing.

Maybe I should call the police on this guy. :)

(they did not get voted in the first place )

Interesting insight in your post but the statement above is factually hollow.

(It has been repeated enough on this forum however that some people might start believing it)

I guess he means that the change of government came about without elections; they simply enticed Newin to join their coalition. That is not against the law, but typically in more mature democracies a major change of government usually means that the governing parties would want to get their own mandate.

So.. under the circumstances I think it's a minor issue; at the time it was a way forward that was legal, so let's get on with it. However I do understand that the opposition is upset about it, and likes to ridicule Abhisit for chickening out of elections.

As for support.. Let's see, on Facebook, the PAD group (People's Alliance for Democracy (พันธมิตร) Online) has 1055 members. The other camp, which is somewhat linked to UDD (Progressive Democracy Group) has 1587 members. So they're much larger. :D Especially considering that allegedly the Red Shirts are all uneducated hicks who wouldn't know Facebook from a comic book. :)

(Shoot! :D )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

(they did not get voted in the first place )

Interesting insight in your post but the statement above is factually hollow.

(It has been repeated enough on this forum however that some people might start believing it)

I guess he means that the change of government came about without elections; they simply enticed Newin to join their coalition. That is not against the law, but typically in more mature democracies a major change of government usually means that the governing parties would want to get their own mandate.

So.. under the circumstances I think it's a minor issue; at the time it was a way forward that was legal, so let's get on with it. However I do understand that the opposition is upset about it, and likes to ridicule Abhisit for chickening out of elections.

As for support.. Let's see, on Facebook, the PAD group (People's Alliance for Democracy (พันธมิตร) Online) has 1055 members. The other camp, which is somewhat linked to UDD (Progressive Democracy Group) has 1587 members. So they're much larger. :D Especially considering that allegedly the Red Shirts are all uneducated hicks who wouldn't know Facebook from a comic book. :)

(Shoot! :D )

Don't know what you had for breakfast this morning Winnie but it agrees with you - as do i! :D

the red has now have 15,000,000 registered member nation wide

It's amazing then that weren't 15 million signatures on the red petition or that they don't amass even 1% (150,000) of those 15 million members to show up at a a rally or not been able to come up with anything that would show in some way that that have 15 million members.

Edited by AoUdomAl

the red has now have 15,000,000 registered member nation wide

<snip for brevity>

So only 1587 UDD-supporters, out of 15 million, know how to link to Facebook. I find those numbers a little hard to believe. Could papatsorn possibly be accidentally exaggerating the support for the UDD side by just a little ? :D

No offense intended or taken from his post, it's interesting to see a first-hand report of paid-for supporters at both Red and Yellow rallies, thank you for posting that. It is indeed helpful to hear all sides of the situation, especially for we farangs who also care about Thailand and live here. We too want to see the facts stated clearly, that's often why we post, so that ThaiVisa gives a balanced viewpoint for the many people who visit the forum. :D

Source Bangkok Post . On the appointment of Thaksin Shinawatra as economic adviser to Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, Gen Chavalit said this happened because the two are friends. But He do not mention on how they get "friends" and who is the Guy that many years ago behind the scene was the link used by Thaksin to become friend of Hun Sen and use his political weight to build up the Mobile Operator's Company called " Camshin ( Cambodia Shinawatra Company Limited.).....If You open the company's website http://www.camshin.com/camshindotnet.asp and You look the company's logo U will get the feeling that Thaksin in Cambodia do not need to find a Job ...He got already many years ago and he is still employed in the same company and You probably thing that what they are reporting to the news is just a version build it up to keep the international community far from the true . I'm quite sure that it will never happen something to be worried between the two country , because beside Thaksin , at this time There are very strong commercial ties between both sides and the Amount of money invested in Cambodia by many Thai during the past few years it's extremely high . p.s. (this is my personal opinion and could be completely wrong )

:):D :D I don't want to start again this discussion.......in earlier postings it was already proofed that this foodbox lie is simply a lie as well all your other things. You were not there and no one paid you money.

I know about 50 people who were at PAD, some are my staff, some pretty wealthy people, some just rubber farmer from the south. No one every got money and some would have loved to get some money. But from the red shirts there are videos when the hand out money.

On the 2007 Election PPP got 14,071,799 votes in the popular vote, so even "1.000.000" of their members did not vote for them???? :D

You should not look too much DTV

You should not make some stories which are simply not true

While some people like the status quo, it is completely a fallacy to talk about the state organs being "directed' to counter the peoples will to alter anything. That is at part with the faked moon-landing-conspiracy. Fun to talk about at parties for those 'in the know' (aka fans of the theory) but silly outside with people that know more.

You say it's a complete fallacy but the facts prove otherwise.There are so many documented examples of army interference in elections (see HRW reports) and the "approval" of the constitution, courts being given "directions", judicial activism etc from those who are terrified by the unfettered workings of democracy.To be fair there's another perspective focusing on the rule of law which has also to be taken seriously.However to dismiss the manipulation of the state apparatus as just cocktail party talk is frankly rather foolish.Personally I don't believe in an organised conspiracy but there's a great deal of evidence that entrenched vested interests are alarmed at the implications of one man one vote democracy and look for alternative ways of thwarting the popular will.I would go so far to say that also means crushing the yellow shirts if they exceed their allotted attack dog role.It might even mean seeking to murder its leadership (Oops, I forgot that's already been tried).

While some people like the status quo, it is completely a fallacy to talk about the state organs being "directed' to counter the peoples will to alter anything. That is at part with the faked moon-landing-conspiracy. Fun to talk about at parties for those 'in the know' (aka fans of the theory) but silly outside with people that know more.

You say it's a complete fallacy but the facts prove otherwise.There are so many documented examples of army interference in elections (see HRW reports) and the "approval" of the constitution, courts being given "directions", judicial activism etc from those who are terrified by the unfettered workings of democracy.To be fair there's another perspective focusing on the rule of law which has also to be taken seriously.However to dismiss the manipulation of the state apparatus as just cocktail party talk is frankly rather foolish.Personally I don't believe in an organised conspiracy but there's a great deal of evidence that entrenched vested interests are alarmed at the implications of one man one vote democracy and look for alternative ways of thwarting the popular will.I would go so far to say that also means crushing the yellow shirts if they exceed their allotted attack dog role.It might even mean seeking to murder its leadership (Oops, I forgot that's already been tried).

Thaksins lawer was cought will giving money to the court.

All the evidence against Thaksin is very very strong, the courts don't need any "directions". I don't know any examples of army interferences with the elections, but there are tons of evidence, almost every household has one from vote buying from the Thaksin camp.

Or do you mean with army interferences the promotion video where they told that accepting money for votes is a bad thing??.

Thaksin is only strong in North and Nordeast with vote buying. With the vote buying it was not enough to secure a majority at the last elections, without they would loose a lot more votes. No question that Thaksin has a lot supporters but far away from a majority.

I don't know any examples of army interferences with the elections, but there are tons of evidence, almost every household has one from vote buying from the Thaksin camp.

In my area the army squaddies were ordered to vote Democrat. I got that straight from the horses mouth.

In my village the Dems were equally as enthusiastic at vote buying as Thaksin's lot. I got that from quite a few horse's mouths as well as witnessing it with my own eyes. In fact the Dems has deeper pockets than Thaksin's guys when it came to handing out the dosh.

I'm neither pro-Thaksin nor Pro Aphasit. Just telling it how it was.

I don't know any examples of army interferences with the elections, but there are tons of evidence, almost every household has one from vote buying from the Thaksin camp.

In my area the army squaddies were ordered to vote Democrat. I got that straight from the horses mouth.

In my village the Dems were equally as enthusiastic at vote buying as Thaksin's lot. I got that from quite a few horse's mouths as well as witnessing it with my own eyes. In fact the Dems has deeper pockets than Thaksin's guys when it came to handing out the dosh.

Generally speaking this horse's mouth is the most reliable. :)

Yup. I can't wait for Thai politics to complete a move to ideologically driven parties, as opposed to driven by business people or regional clans, with MPs changing parties like football players change clubs. ALL are guilty of this; this is how Thaksin initially got TRT together, and the most recent case is when the Democrats got Newin & Co to join their side. Nothing to do with ideology but everything with business interests and power.

This will be the real struggle, and it will most definitely not be easy.

Spot on, Winnie ! Just hope it can done relatively-peacefully.

I would love to see any political party in the world that is not based on business interests and power..... Name one!

The Libertarian Party [in several countries].

Sadly I am not sure if there even exists one in Thailand...

Generally speaking this horse's mouth is the most reliable. :D

Pity you didn't have a picture of horse's eyes to go with it. I've found my own pair of dobbin's ocular organs to be the most reliable of all. :)

Dont forget that Pol Pot died of natural causes in his retirement home in Thailand, they are as bad as each other,.

Correct in so much as it is totally wrong. Pol Pot died in April 1998 whilst being held under house arrest, by a faction of Khmer Rouge, in Cambodia and was cremated in Anlong Veng shortly afterwards.

At the time of Pol Pot's death and ever since, there have been persistent rumors that his death was faked. As the body was cremated almost immediately after the death, the truth of those rumors will probably never be unearthed.

The story goes that a prominent Thai general/politician with close ties to PP and other Cambodian leaders helped him fake his death and whisked him away to Thailand, where he died of natural causes a couple of years later in his Bang Saen villa.

Someone told me they saw Jim Morrison at Bourbon Street the other day. Might be a rumour.

No, just a rumor. But he was seen at Long Gun and later on in Baccara staring at the short skirts upstairs

Thaksin is only strong in North and Nordeast with vote buying.

Sorry I switch off when I see this kind of lie.Come back when you've read up on the history.

Agreed.. record.. broken...

I would agree though that the practice of vote buying needs stamping out, as part of a wider effort to fight corruption. An issue is currently that whole parties nationwide can selectively be banned when some regional head man thinks it's a good idea to hand out a couple red or purple ones. The people directly involved should go to jail, but banning a whole party (and then, only the party that the powers that be don't agree with) is not correct.

I don't agree that it affects election outcomes to a degree that would make whole election results disputable, especially not after TRT's first victory, where finally vote buying began to get replaced by 'making good on election promises'. Vote buying was on its way out, "buying people" through promises (and living up to them) was on its way in, until the coup. This turned the clock back 15 years or so, back to endless weak coalition governments made up by self serving regional clans. The sad part is that nothing is going to change that in the short term, also not Thaksin coming back.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thaksin is only strong in North and Nordeast with vote buying.

Sorry I switch off when I see this kind of lie.Come back when you've read up on the history.

Agreed.. record.. broken...

I would agree though that the practice of vote buying needs stamping out, as part of a wider effort to fight corruption. An issue is currently that whole parties nationwide can selectively be banned when some regional head man thinks it's a good idea to hand out a couple red or purple ones. The people directly involved should go to jail, but banning a whole party (and then, only the party that the powers that be don't agree with) is not correct.

I don't agree that it affects election outcomes to a degree that would make whole election results disputable, especially not after TRT's first victory, where finally vote buying began to get replaced by 'making good on election promises'. Vote buying was on its way out, "buying people" through promises (and living up to them) was on its way in, until the coup. This turned the clock back 15 years or so, back to endless weak coalition governments made up by self serving regional clans. The sad part is that nothing is going to change that in the short term, also not Thaksin coming back.

Thaksin not coming back is a sad thing? :D:)

No, the sad thing is that nothing is going to change.

As for Thaksin coming back.. To me it's neutral... Issues don't go away with whatever person comes or goes. I honestly don't understand the obsession that some have with the man.

History teaches us the obsession Thaksin has with himself - meglomania.........a monomaniac.......a lot of words with 'mania' in them.

You want to associate with that, you have that freedom.

No, the sad thing is that nothing is going to change.

As for Thaksin coming back.. To me it's neutral... Issues don't go away with whatever person comes or goes. I honestly don't understand the obsession that some have with the man.

History teaches us the obsession Thaksin has with himself - meglomania.........a monomaniac.......a lot of words with 'mania' in them.

You want to associate with that, you have that freedom.

That is not Winnie's point.

The issue is whether things should or will change. You seem to take every post as an opportunity to be anti-taksin.

Play the ball not the man.

Actually, it's the Party Executives that are banned. In the case of PPP, it was Deputy Party Leader himself who was found guilty of electoral fraud.

Holding a Party responsible for the actions of its Party Executives is something I, and both the 1997 and 2007 constitutions, wholeheartedly agree with.

I honestly don't understand the obsession that some have with the man.

Injustice, stupidity and greed being justified daily envokes a powerful emotion in most.

Then comment on that.

Why the obsession with a man that has not been in power since 2006

As I said, play the ball not the man.

e.g. the extra judicial killings. why not suggest an enquiry into who did what. but no-one wants that.

This thread is about Thaksin. He is trying to cause as much turmoil and chaos in the country as he possibly can. His motives having nothing to do with democracy. They have everything to do with money and power.

Anyone care to dispute this? I welcome it.