Unreliable Post Service In Thailand !

Pujun

Over three months from Nov to January, I had send more than 80 small packages to overseas (mainly to US). they are small handcrafted items weighted around 100g each. I use registered airmail from Thailand post.

4 of them never received. nearly 1/3 got delayed (3 weeks to 6 weeks without any reason).

When I asked for mail tracing with the registration number they gave me in a post office, they asked me to see their head to talk about it, huh? looked like i made a mistake and have to see my boss

don't they have mail tracking department?

their head doesn't speak English at all.... and i just filled in form and go home wait... nearly 2 weeks, nothing heard from them.

i was told about how unreliable Thailand post is, from someone before..

now I confirmed it, it is true !!

their head doesn't speak English at all.... and i just filled in form and go home wait... nearly 2 weeks, nothing heard from them.

He's a postman, not a linguist!

EMS is good, but if you send so many parcels, the cost will add up.

He's a postman, not a linguist!

EMS is good, but if you send so many parcels, the cost will add up.

the cost of an item is around 80 baht..

registered airmail is around 120 baht, it's already higher than the cost of the item.

EMS is far too expensive.

Never had any problems with the Thai post office service on the contrary.

I never use the non registerred or non EMS for domestic but for airmail I use all three and there is not much differenc in the speed of arrival.

This is between Thailand and Japan very regularly.

Isn't the problem on the receiving side ?

It takes ages to receive airmail mail fron the US to Japan.....

I am sure english is not part of the conditions to get a postman job in Thailand.

I would never expect it in Japan either. I seak japanese but not thai yet...I would take an interpreter with me for such a situation

Be nice to your postman and hopefully things will not disappear. :o

In the UK i know most post disappears on the last leg,ie with the postman.Sometimes they find rooms with hundreds of thousands of items in not opened.Must be some kind of magpie syndrome.

It has been really poor recenlty I have been sending medium size boxes back to Uk around 10Kg for about two years now usulally send them Economy Air mail and they normally turn up within 30-40 days. Recenly they have been taking much longer one even arrived by surface mail. The key i think is ensuring that the PO staff put on the corrcet labels ect as the ones that came surface did not have the Econmony Air mail Labels. The sorting staff propably go by this.

I have been waiting for a small package from the U.S. sent standard air return reciept. I also insured it. The box was mailed on the 23 of Feb. and checked on by a friend after one month who got the run around. Finally someone told her the package had indeed left the country on the 10 of Mar.----<deleted> 16 days to get started? Has anyone had a 3 kg. package take this long? The P.O. says they cannot track it after it leaves the U.S.---??? :D Dosent it get logged at every stop? :o

What is EMS ??

EMS is a courrier type service of the post office (quicker and registerred)

The items sent by EMS to/from Thailand can be traced :

http://ems.thailandpost.com/

No! you cannot trace it there, support is horrible, manners are far from .... call center treats you like **** and UPS just a bit more expensive but works MUCH better. I'd rather through away my parcel then send via EMS.

Photo copy the mail receipts and send with a letter to

Customer Service

Head Post Office

New Road

Bangkok

In my experience you will get an answer and some action.

I am a frequest user of the Royal Thai Post and sending small packets to Sweden. I have always been using their "small packets" and "registered airmail" without any problems and I have probably sent thousands of packets all arriving safe and sound after approx 5-7 days (no EMS).

However from February and onwards the same service from different postoffices is now taking between 4-6 weeks instead of days. I have emailed customer support twice without reply (their website is in english so I guess they have english speaking staff...). Don't know what is going on...

Anyone with some insight ?

Thanks.