Notebook With What Os

simcity

Bits confuse, I am off to Singapore this afternoon, I will look to buy a notebook there.

I could buy a notebook with window 7 home, but I want the professional edition (I have some XP programs I need to use)

I could buy an expensive notebook with window 7 professional as OS (hp envy)

I could buy a notebook with XP and let it running for few years, not looking at window 7

I could buy a notebook with XP / vista / window 7 home and buy a full version window 7 professional to install

Perhaps the Lenovo ideapad U350

Not sure what is the way to go, many notebook has vista still in it.

Singapore is competitive on Lenovo vs Thailand, cheaper as Australia for the envy and look expensive for some other brands

do not want to buy it in Thailand!

Cause Mac isn't as hassle free as everyone wants us to believe?

Not hassle free, but still on the whole a heck of a lot better than any windows version. No anti virus software, associated expenses and degradation in performance. Included backup solution is nothing short of fantastic. System migration in a snap. To name just a few :)

But the OP said he wants to use some old XP programs so on a Mac you'd have to install Windows inside a virtual machine (free VirtualBox from Sun!! but you still need the Windows CD of course).

So if you buy a new Windows laptop get Windows 7 Pro. Although I guess the price range for that will make Macs seem all the more interesting. A MacBook Pro will probably be cheaper and better than an HP envy (without looking it up now)