Join The Visa Run To Vientiane (departure From Bkk 17.11 By Night Train)

Hi All,

My tourist visa will expire the next week so I will leave Bangkok on the Tuesday 17 of October and return with a free double entry tourist visa on the Friday morning 20 of October.

I'm looking for people to join me on this trips since travelling in a group is always cheaper and more fun than travelling alone. Last time I went to Vientiane I saved nearly 1000 Baht in transportation and hotels as I travelled with others.

Here is the plan

• Departure from Bangkok at 18:30 on the express train(77) I like to take this train since you will arrive around 5:30 - 6:00 at Nongkhai and you have a lot of time to go to the embassy and you can avoid the crowds and the heat. Price for second class Air condition is around 500 Baht. This is not a sleeper train but it is more comfortable than sleeping in a plain since you have reclining seats and a lot of leg space. A blanket is also provided
  • Arrival at Nongkhai and border crossing. Shared car should be around 50 - 70 baht per person to the thai embassy.
  • Visa Application
  • Transport to the riverside area around 20 - 30 Baht per person (shared car
  • Choose a Hotel. This completely depends on what the majority of the people wantbut the more people we are the better prices we get. Last time with 4 friends I was able to get a room initially prized at 1000 Baht with AC for only 700.
  • Dinner we can either join and party together or you can relax on your own.
  • Next day after check out shared car to the embassy 20 - 30 Baht
  • Collect your visa and your passport
  • Shared car to the border 50 - 70 Baht
  • Night train sleeper to Bangkok (70) 18:20 Departure and arrival around 6:25 - 7:25 price for second class upper around 708

If you would like to join pm me or add a reply to this post. Good way to save money and have fun at the same time. And if this is your first visa run this is your best option to get used to visa runs and learn all the small details

Regards

Klaus