What Is Happening To Our T. News Clippings

marshbags

I don't see the problem. The news clipping section is for news. Recent events have been big news in Thailand. It's pretty clear which threads are Thaksin related. How hard is it to simply not open those threads if one doesn't wish to read them?

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Most of the clippings about Thaksin are started by Anti Thaksin's

They are the ones keeping him in the spotlight :)

Try to work that one out and you will know the reason

Any source to verify that?

The forum is called "news clippings" and news are news no matter they are red, green blue, yellow white or orange or non-colored news... they should/must be published.

I agree with you that a news clipping is a news clipping; so in that sense monkfish is not correct. However due to circumstances it's also a given that just about every news clipping is something from The Nation. This is a newspaper with an agenda, to say it kindly.

International articles rarely get posted in news clippings, though I very much appreciate SBK's point of digging them up and posting in general, then requesting them to be moved.

An issue however is that in the current climate, even an honest mainstream analysis from the BBC or TimesOnline would have to be axed. (Not blaming Thaivisa for this; Thailand is tumbling in the press freedom rankings to a point where a web forum cannot quote or link something from something from the BBC or New York Times. Same for independent blogs that go against the established doctrine.

They are the ones keeping him in the spotlight :D

....tell ya a little secret. Generally speaking, Thaksin-related references and material is far more pronounced and attentive in the Farang circles than Thai counter-parts. Why would this be? :)

Respecfully and IMHO as a contributing member of our beloved forum.

The sensible way to solve the flood of clippings re the exiled one, would be to put them all into one headliner / folder and start posting other news fron ALL sources that are of interest to our membership and our guests.

Tags could also be added where sensible and applicable to this subject / debate.

Some time ago I was politely informed there was an ongoing thread to cover what I had posted in the general news and it was closed.

This was fair comment I thought and a sensible way to keep the forum tidy and not flooded with several new additions of the basically the same subject matter.

Threads of a multiple quantity are gradually becoming uncontrollable IMHO and we seem to be debating repeatative issues thread after thread, after thread.

It is becoming very counter productive not only on our forum, but also in the various media channels, including television.

I for one used to visit the various threads and add my own comments to the debates, now I find it difficult to even read the various content and offer exchanges of my views.

As for encouraging additional debate on this thread re the main subject matter of my highlighting the negativity of what is happening, again IMHO,

It does not as far as I can see, fall in with my intentions re the opening a further platform to enhance his dishonest and selfish objectives that are not Thailand friendly in any way whatsoever, that is if you consider ALL Thai, the institutions in place and it,s trying to go forward in a true, diplomatic way.

An off topic observation that I am willing to open yet another thread on ( as if we do not have enough already :) ) to possibly start yet another repeatative debate on.

One person, alledgedly having Thai interest at heart is taking the country into mega disrepute and much trouble is ahead that will effect millions of genuinely true supporters and citizens, along with everyone else who truly believe in their beloved country.

A personal non coloured addendum in this instance re te basic rights of peace loving people not only here, but also in Cambodia, plus of course milions of others who could / will suffer from the fallout of what is taking place..

Some of whom, if they are not already doing so, that is, especially the less well off, trying to earn / eke a living and go about their everyday lives on the borders.

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

Are you saying that our mods on this section are anti, as your post comes across as, from my take anyway.

I do not think so and if you are meaning news articles of other sources, they are a mixture of both Anti and Pro, depending on the individual digesting the material.

Debate is encouraged on both on this forum as we all know from experience, it,s the repeatative stuff that needs putting into context to enable continued interest and particiption, within them.

IMHO

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags

Good joke from a 4 star general (member since 2,5 years) to his 2 star soldier (member since 5 years). :D

Nothing i can see particularly funny about members trying to pull rank on other members based on years of "service" (i say the word lightly). More like sad. :D

funny that, but there does seem to be an attitude around here that the sheer volume of <deleted> some posted over a number of years somehow makes it valid.

Correct; it isn't valid nor important whatsoever. After one day everyone has forgotten what you wrote, and with you I mean everybody.

Every single letter, written on a forum is as important as a breeze of wind you feel.....there you feel it...there it's gone. :)

It's all in the game.

LaoPo

You should have sung the last sentence for us. :D

RIP Tommy Edwards.

....tell ya a little secret. Generally speaking, Thaksin-related references and material is far more pronounced and attentive in the Farang circles than Thai counter-parts. Why would this be? :)

He gets coverage most days on Thai tele.

Are you saying that our mods on this section are anti, as your post comes across as, from my take anyway.

I do not think so and if you are meaning news articles of other sources, they are a mixture of both Anti and Pro, depending on the individual digesting the material.

Debate is encouraged on both on this forum as we all know from experience, it,s the repeatative stuff that needs putting into context to enable continued interest and particiption, within them.

IMHO

I don't think he is criticising the mods.

Most news items are Nation sourced because of the automatic tie up.

The sensible way to solve the flood of clippings re the exiled one, would be to put them all into one headliner / folder and start posting other news fron ALL sources that are of interest to our membership and our guests.

Tags could also be added where sensible and applicable to this subject / debate.

This was fair comment I thought and a sensible way to keep the forum tidy and not flooded with several new additions of the basically the same subject matter.

Threads of a multiple quantity are gradually becoming uncontrollable IMHO and we seem to be debating repeatative issues thread after thread, after thread.

I for one used to visit the various threads and add my own comments to the debates, now I find it difficult to even read the various content and offer exchanges of my views.

I agree with each of your points above.

IMHO

Nothing personal intended, I was just trying for a clarification on the " clippings " posted reference. as it could be taken either way.

Quote " Most of the clippings about Thaksin are started by Anti Thaksin's " Unquote

AS far the anti Thaksins keepng him in the spotlight, no wayyyyyyy.

He is influencing the media via a very disturbing and what must be a very expensively sponsored PR campaign and re distributing some of his laundered gains to pay for it all.

Without the illicit funds, he would have long been gone into the sunset, unable to influence living within unprincipled safe havens and as in Cambodia,s case, be protected from extradition requests which both countries had signed up for, some time previously.

All will be revealed relating to this very convenient refuge and easily accessible base for his paid for puppets in opposition to plan what could have very violent outcomes both sides of the border.

IMHO anyway

P.S.

How sad it all is when there is so much more important business to try and solve within Thailand that appears at present to be out of the headlines and replaced with the crap taking it,s place.

Edited by marshbags

IMHO

Nothing personal intended, I was just trying for a clarification on the " clippings " posted reference. as it could be taken either way.

Quote " Most of the clippings about Thaksin are started by Anti Thaksin's " Unquote

AS far the anti Thaksins keepng him in the spotlight, no wayyyyyyy.

He is influencing the media via a very disturbing and what must be a very expensively sponsored PR campaign and re distributing some of his laundered gains to pay for it all.

Without the illicit funds, he would have long been gone into the sunset, unable to influence living within unprincipled safe havens and as in Cambodia,s case, be protected from extradition requests which both countries had signed up for, some time previously.

All will be revealed relating to this very convenient refuge and easily accessible base for his paid for puppets in opposition to plan what could have very violent outcomes both sides of the border.

IMHO anyway

P.S.

How sad it all is when there is so much more important business to try and solve within Thailand that appears at present to be out of the headlines and replaced with the crap taking it,s place.

I agree 100% with your PS. Thailand should be playing the ball not the man, in my view.

But I am not convinced that it is his illicit funds or his fans that are keeping him in the spot light. He does not control or influence the media. So it can not be he who is engineering some of the media reports. Many are against himself. Thai tele seems mainly anti to me but people can of course make up their own minds. Only my view.