Residency 2549(2006)

My residency application which was started in December 2005 and accepted in May 2006 after final interview is still in review and all applications according to my phone call today to Residency Office waiting for signature by Minister of Interior. I am told that no decision will be made until 2010 so the time line continues to be extended again.

Anybody else got this same info.

Just too long. Too me this shows Thailand does not really want to issue permanent residents permits, but to comply with the law they must issue a token amount...and drag out the process in doing so. But, it's their country so the government can do what they like.

Just too long. Too me this shows Thailand does not really want to issue permanent residents permits, but to comply with the law they must issue a token amount...and drag out the process in doing so. But, it's their country so the government can do what they like.

They do not have to due anything that they don't want to but at least your starting to see the lite. :)

Seems that's the case. Wonder what happens to all the non refundable fees at the time the application is made.

Seem to remember it was THB7,000 with application time 200 persons maximum for each country each year .

since 2006.

Maybe 400 applications per year.

Small money I suppose.

What ever will be will be