Airport To Kata Beach

lorddaverichards

You shold be able to get a metertaxi from the airport to Kata for about 500 baht. I use them when i´m going to Patong and payed 400 in march.

Then there is minibuses offering to take you there for 150 baht.

And then you could ask the hotel if they can come and get you but they usually want something between 600 - 900 baht.

There is a lot of taxidrivers that want you to go with them and if you are able to get them to take you tp Kata for 500 baht i would go, but not more.

Then there is buses aswell for 40-60 baht but i would rather go with taxi or minibus.

You shold be able to get a metertaxi from the airport to Kata for about 500 baht. I use them when i´m going to Patong and payed 400 in march. Then there is minibuses offering to take you there for 150 baht. And then you could ask the hotel if they can come and get you but they usually want something between 600 - 900 baht. There is a lot of taxidrivers that want you to go with them and if you are able to get them to take you tp Kata for 500 baht i would go, but not more. Then there is buses aswell for 40-60 baht but i would rather go with taxi or minibus.

Good info. Stick with the metered taxis when available and avoid like the plague those greedy Phuket tuk-tuks...

You don't want to know. But take a look at this, anyway:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9224/ph...mafiafixedp.jpg

From the airport to Patong is 800 baht.

From Patong to Kata is 400 baht.

And that's just ONE WAY.

Fixed prices, too (no haggling allowed!).

Do yourself a favor and just rent a car, instead...

I've seen this before here. Just makes me absolutely sick. I will never ever ever use a tuk tuk, taxi or limousine service here. I wish I could offer all arriving tourists a free ride in my car!! I would be shot for sure.

Call Mr. Manit: 081 270 67 76

- very good driver

- clean car

- speaks good enough English

- very reliable

- 800 Baht

if have used him for years, for my guest.

Tuk-tuks: No f...... way.

Green licence plates: hel_l no.

Minibuses: Cheap, but can take you several hours, if they drop every passenger at a different hotel.

Meter Taxis: If you're lucky, you may get a good one.

Minibuses: Cheap, but can take you several hours, if they drop every passenger at a different hotel.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Not 'several' hours, but for sure more than an hour, more like 2 hours maximum. I used the minibus for many years, as a protest to the airport taxi prices, before the meter guys started. Now I use meter taxis.

Meter Taxis: If you're lucky, you may get a good one.

The metred Taxis are all the same here - you pay an Airport charge then the meter goes on till your destination. Thats it! shame there isn't more of them.

To the OP - come out of the airport and look right approx 80meters you will find the Taxi meter kiosk.

choppy

To the OP - come out of the airport and look right approx 80meters you will find the Taxi meter kiosk.

Just to clarify, exit the departure door onto the outside road, then turn right 80m. Ooh, and you have to avoid all the taxi touts all the way from the baggage area to the roadside.