Working In Advertising Company - Work Permit?

I know that Advertising is on the "Restricted to Thais" list... but is this list about "Owning" an Advertising company or "Working" in the Advertising profession?

My wife would OWN the company and be Managing Director... I would be the General Manager!

Would this be OK? Could I get a Work permit?

CS

If the company is capitalized with 2,000,000 thb you can get ONE work permit. With 1 work permit you will have to hire 4 additional Thai's to comply with the law.

Everything you need to know is on the thaivisa website, do your research and you will know the facts with no misunderstandings.

If the company is capitalized with 2,000,000 thb you can get ONE work permit. With 1 work permit you will have to hire 4 additional Thai's to comply with the law.

Everything you need to know is on the thaivisa website, do your research and you will know the facts with no misunderstandings.

Sorry, but this is not an answer to my Question...

Which is just a request for verification that it is Possible to "WORK" in a Restricted industry and get a Work permit.

My question has nothing to do with capitalization or amount of Employees!

Thank you anyway.

CS

I started an advertising (magazine) company in Bangkok 5 or 6 years ago......(disaster, but thats another story)

No problem , but as there were 2 foreigners we had to employ 8 Thais....and immigration came to check that we actually had them, made us call them all in from their appointments.

I'll tell you this for nothing, if you are selling to Thais they don't like paying for their advertising, I used to have my reps calling in all the time saying that clients would offer anything but cash for their space......I used to say that thats OK providing you don't mind lunch at some restaurant or a Ping Golf Iron as part of your salary !!!! Needless to say they did not want it....it's called Barter and its very poular in Thailand.

The other problem when you are dealing with locals who purchase advertising space is that they are loathe to take a chance on something new...they have a job ...if they move their advertising pot from one place to another and it does not work they loose face or get chastised....no change works well for them ..they just potter along doing the same things they have always done.

I found it very frustrating.

Hope this helps...(from someone who had 30 successful years in the industry in the UK ..and 6 months of trouble here)

Good luck

thaipauly

yes, that is very true.... bartering is well and alive in thailand

we exchange services about 50% of the time though....

some companies would not be able to survive if most of their clients offer only barter.... so for these companies there would be cash offer along with services exchanged....

am very sorry to hear that your thai company did not work out well as you intended....