Help Please - 1 Port Zyxel Wifi V1 Router Problem

RHCP

I have just subscribed to True 8 Mbps Premium Pack with Wi-Fi Router.

True's technician came to set things up which didn't go smoothly. One problem is getting the wireless connection to work on a second computer but this might be a hardware problem.

However what I really need help on relates to Utorrent. I am getting a message that the router is probably limiting my network traffic and I need to open up another port so that others can connect to me. As a consequence I am getting very low download speeds.

I am a novice when it comes to computers and really don't understand about opening up ports so appreciate if anyone out there can give me any suggestions in easy to understand terms on what I can do since one of the main reasons of switching to True and a higher speed package was to get faster torrent downloads.

Another good thing to do is to open up ports to others.

Goto Utorrent, Click preferences, click advanced a list should appear in the right hand side, scroll down to

net.max-halfopen, single click, the value at the bottom should be changed to 50 or more.

read this to understand why opening helps you

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/archive/ind...p/t-187976.html

You have to be patient. At the moment my uTorrent download runs with 8 kB/s. But very often the same download runs with more than 200. Just let it run in the background. But of course - check your firewall and your port forwarding that it does not have a problem there already.

But look here too - I left there 2 pictures:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Speed-Torren...ad-t314794.html