Map To Chaeng Wattana?

I've had a bit of a search, but could only find the address to the new imm at Cheang Wattana. Was wondering if anyone knows of a map to the office? I'll be heading from Mochit BTS, I'm familiar with Cheang Wattana, but it's a long road and I don't fancy searching for the place in a taxi.

Also, are there photo shops close by?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mixed

Chaeng Wattana soi 7. Immigration location map:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/move.html

Copying place on lower floor of immigration building.

This is the Direction in Google Maps for Mochit BTS to Immigration. Click Here...

11.7 Km.

Zoom In and Out. Move Map to get your orientation right. Switch to Satellite view to see landmarks. Do what works for you.

Edited by ihightower

I don’t know how good Google Map’s driving directions are but you may want to look at them here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=13

I wasn’t able to put the destination marker (B ) right at the entrance of the building because the last part of soi 7 apparently did not yet exist when Google made the map. For convenience, have the cab drop you off at the South entrance of the building (see exact position here) and you will find the immigration office on the right after entering the building.

--

Maestro

Once you are on your way on Cheang Wattana there are numerous overhead banners in English with direction arrows to Soi 7.

Lately, each time I've been on that road there seems to be new helpful banners.

The new center is beautiful and you can have a lunch or coffee there too.

If you have small children who like to exercise their legs, floor 1 has a wide open area.

The upper floors looked to have too many places to fall through or fall over, so keep them in arms there.

Quite an impressive complex. Moving immigration here might not seem to make sense, but all the government offices will be here.

Besides a dozen coffee spots, one floor down from the immigration is two food courts and a few other eateries.

What surprised me was all the gift shops. Maybe they are there so you can pick up a bribe for the government official you will visit!

I just returned from the Immigration Office and didn't notice any photo shops. The closest photo shop may be in the Laksi shopping complex @ the northwest corner of Vibhivadi-Rangsit & Chaeng Wattana.

I saw a small blue sign at the corner of Soi 7 and also a very large green sign on the floating bridge near Soi 7 saying "Government Complex". Make a left onto Soi 7 (if coming from Vibhivadi-Rangsit), go to the very end of Soi 7, make a right turn and enter at the entrance in the back of the building (the southern entrance). Hope this helps.

Mike