Blocked Internet Service “invalid Login” – How So?

euca

Blocked Internet Service Said to be Due "Invalid Login" – How So?

http://portal.totisp.net/tsg/invalid/invalidlogin.jsp;jsessionid=.....

Since 13 Nov, experiencing blocked internet access. Getting webpage said to be TOT, telling that modem login is invalid, see above. Unlikely to be true as had been using internet OK for some hours before this occurred, daily.

Is this BuriRam-centric, upcountry only, Bangkok inclusive (bet not) or is it coz Ize ugly, short, bald & unloved? (cf. Ali G).

Anyone with a computer-wise reply (or a ribald reply but it better be good) ???

Grovelling note to Moderator. Great Sir, Humbly I pray forgiveness. This is second attempt as the first seemed to get lost. OK, OK, me too. I get me coat… Exits lamely stage left, sniveling.

HI euca,

Could be one of the two things-

1. you really need to provide you correct login details once again to the adsl router. I use TOT too and sometimes the device forgets the logon details !

2. Sometimes its just a small "reconnect" bug in the router for which you have to reset your connection.

For this, open your browser and type in http://192.168.1.1

You should see a router administration screen with the front page showing you the internet connect status. There should be a connection button (toggle) which changes the status from "connect" / "disconnect" as you hit it.

Just click disconnect (and it should now read connect)... and hit it once again.

All this, im assuming that you are using a thomson (speedtouch) type adsl router.

Cheers,

gtm2k

HI euca,

Could be one of the two things-

1. you really need to provide you correct login details once again to the adsl router. I use TOT too and sometimes the device forgets the logon details !

2. Sometimes its just a small "reconnect" bug in the router for which you have to reset your connection.

For this, open your browser and type in http://192.168.1.1

You should see a router administration screen with the front page showing you the internet connect status. There should be a connection button (toggle) which changes the status from "connect" / "disconnect" as you hit it.

Just click disconnect (and it should now read connect)... and hit it once again.

All this, im assuming that you are using a thomson (speedtouch) type adsl router.

Cheers,

Correct the PASSWORD needs to be re-entered but explain if you can why this has just started and has never happened before.

Same results over the last few days with 3COM, Linksys, D-Link and ASUS on 2 separate accounts with a physical separation of 2 km.

ToT say the problem must be with the modem(s).

gtm2k

This message has been on numerous screens all over the country. It is a major fuc_k-up caused by skilled TOT engineers on their own network.

While web access is being blocked (and redirected to this page), all other traffic still flows (Skype, torrent, etc.). This indicates they are trying to get their transparent proxy working and the method used is trial-and-error (most results: error).

So don't worry about your router settings, they are very very likely just fine.

You might consider calling 1100, but I can already tell you what they will tell you:

1. Sorry

2. Solly

3. I make report for technician

and the story ends there. Your connection still won't be working by the way. But hey, this is TOT.....

This message has been on numerous screens all over the country. It is a major fuc_k-up caused by skilled TOT engineers on their own network.

While web access is being blocked (and redirected to this page), all other traffic still flows (Skype, torrent, etc.). This indicates they are trying to get their transparent proxy working and the method used is trial-and-error (most results: error).

So don't worry about your router settings, they are very very likely just fine.

You might consider calling 1100, but I can already tell you what they will tell you:

1. Sorry

2. Solly

3. I make report for technician

and the story ends there. Your connection still won't be working by the way. But hey, this is TOT.....

Same with Maxnet too....

Many people, myself included, have encountered this problem in the recent past.

Don't worry, just try again later.

Ditto, happened to me yesterday morning, 10am, tried again at 11am and no problems. Not the first time and will defo' not be the last... TiT !

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all who responded on this one. It seems to have gone away for now.

Only slightly different: friends in BKK say they have 24/7 broadband access via TOT. I live up-country and get access only part of the day, seldom in the afternoons and sometimes litle or no access to the internet all day. Has been particularly bad since just before Christmas. Recently upgraded to 2MB but was told the TOT line cannot match it. I suspect insufficient capacity and possibly removing it from the provinces to keep influencial people and areas well fed. Hear they are now talking of thinking about improving the service which has been so poor for so long.

Anyone with the SP on this or do we stay with my guesses? Oh, and is there a solution? Chap from Pattaya way told me he had installed his own dish, etc for business use.