Bangkok Backgammon Club

NOKIA6969

As there are a few people looking to play, I wondered if there would be enough to have a Monthly or Bi Monthly meet in Central Sukhumvit somewhere suitable. There are plenty of venues down on biz right now, that I'm sure would welcome the custom. If your interested please leave your email address and if you have a board or boards. If there are enough I'll source a venue.

Thanks

there is a crew that meets at domino weekly.

domino is on soi 11, across from villa.

The doorway is tucked in amongst the many tailor shops. it leads to the bar upstairs

I know a guy who has been playing there for years, he is indian, not sure about the demographics of the other players.

i havent set foot in there in years, but am certain the meets still happen.

• 4 months later...

I'm a little late getting in on this conversation but I am seriously interested in playing some backgammon and even have my own almost-tournament-sized board. I was wondering if anyone checked out the soi 11 place mentioned in a previous post and/or if a enough interest was generated to warrant a search for a another venue. And are we talking money games or tournaments? I've never played at tournament level. If anyone's interested in playing, I'm up for it. I'd also be interested in playing chess; I'm a moderately strong player (probably better than 90% of the people who know how to play but at the very bottom of the 10% who know the game) and I don't really like the five-minute variety.

• 2 weeks later...