Procedure For 90-day Reporting By Mail

Offcialy BKK immigration will tell you to come in person and you can't do it by mail. However, the law states you can do it by mail and if you just send it by registered mail immigration will accept it.

Yeap, that's what they told me (i.e., no can do by mail) face-to-face when I asked during one of my 90 day reportings at the immigration office. However, their web site says nothing about Bangkok residents not being able to report via mail, and per posts on Thaivisa.com many people living in Bangkok appear to report via mail with no problem (other than needing to wait a few weeks for receipt/return of the 90 day reporting slip/confirmation). Can't remember anyone making a post saying their 90 day report via mail to the Bangkok Immigration Office was sent back unprocessed with a note saying they must report in person.

"A few weeks" to receive back the 90-day approval slip? Wow. :) Can some of the regulars here give me an idea of how much time typically passes before the approval slip is received? I sent in my notice via registered mail (confirmed it was received on November 21), and here it is, December 24th, with still no reply. I'm not sure if this means there is a problem, or if this is normal.

It is not normal that you have to wait so long, but also not that uncommon. In any case, you have proof you send it.

If you don't receive if after christmas, I would call them.

Would you happen to know the phone number for the new office? I assume that information is on their website, but because their site contains malware/viruses/spyware etc, I'd rather not try to get it from there, and I couldn't find their phone number mentioned anyplace on TV, either. :)

Would you happen to know the phone number for the new office? I assume that information is on their website, but because their site contains malware/viruses/spyware etc, I'd rather not try to get it from there, and I couldn't find their phone number mentioned anyplace on TV, either. :)

Contact details are here. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...amp;t=h&z=6

• 1 year later...

I am assuming that this ability to mail in 90-DayReports still stands. If things havechanged, please inform me because this thread’s last activity is a bit old. My Nonthaburi Immigration Office is said tobe quite flooded right now, and my report date is 5 November 2011, so will tryto mail them (via registered mail) my required stuff quickly. If there is any new info I should know, I wouldappreciate any input. Thank you all for such great assistance.