Water Purification

Hi,

I installed a Pure water purification system a few months ago. I have now analyzed the water at the local water analysis center. There is no copper, iron or lead. But the bacteria level is too high. Pure is a system that is based on distillation. I am confused as to why the analysis shows too much bacteria. What could be wrong with the Pure system?

cheers, chr

are you saying that distillation as a method doesnt remove all bacteria? i was under the impression that distillation was very good at exactly that.

Check and see if the inside surface of the discharge pipe has any microbe growth.

May be should ass a UV light as a final stage before using the water to kill bacteria

are you saying that distillation as a method doesnt remove all bacteria? i was under the impression that distillation was very good at exactly that.

Check and see if the inside surface of the discharge pipe has any microbe growth.

May be should ass a UV light as a final stage before using the water to kill bacteria

UV radiation is effective only in the purification process. All water treatment system is vulnerable to only one thing: contamination at the discharge pipe. This pipe is exposed to the air and the environment of the kitchen. Its inside is constantly damp. Bacteria growth can accumulate on its inside.

perhaps if you add a small carbon filter unit with a tap..that should take care of bacteria..the other elements in your unit should take care of the other nasties in the water before it hits the carbon filter..

incidentally, anybody recommend a retail outlet in Hua Hin where I can buy a small counter top distiller..tried a few places the other day and blank looks all around.

perhaps if you add a small carbon filter unit with a tap..that should take care of bacteria..the other elements in your unit should take care of the other nasties in the water before it hits the carbon filter..

incidentally, anybody recommend a retail outlet in Hua Hin where I can buy a small counter top distiller..tried a few places the other day and blank looks all around.

Have you tried PURE on the Petchkasem Rd opposit Index?