Storm Earlier Tonight

sharecropper

Well, there's my answer. Sorry.

Can anyone tell an idiot how to post photos? The "url" request defeated me when I tried to post the images.

Scroll a bit down and you'll see a section called "attachment editor"

At the right you'll see a browse button, click on it and select the picture you want to upload. Then click upload. Do this for as many pictures as you like.

When you then click on Manage Current Attachments, you can insert each picture into your post by clicking on the symbol with the little green + sign in it.

Oh, and yes, also out here at Lake Mabprachan the storm was short but very fierce! Suddenly pitch black and massive rainfall, lightning and thunder! Electric went on and of several times!

Here in Jomtien, I was expecting the power to go off at any moment with the lightning (I saw the junction box mentioned by the OP go up in a cloud of sparks), so I had the candles ready. Nothing happened, the storm passed over and so I got on with cooking my dinner. After I'd cleared up, all was silent outside and I was thinking of putting a DVD on, when suddenly the power goes off. The whole of Jomtien Complex and VT5 were in the dark. VT7 and Jomtien Plaza seemed OK. Why did the power go off about 2 hours after the storm passed by, I wonder? Oh well, it was a good excuse to pop a torch in my pocket and head out to a candlelit bar for a few beers.

Here in Jomtien, I was expecting the power to go off at any moment with the lightning (I saw the junction box mentioned by the OP go up in a cloud of sparks), so I had the candles ready. Nothing happened, the storm passed over and so I got on with cooking my dinner. After I'd cleared up, all was silent outside and I was thinking of putting a DVD on, when suddenly the power goes off. The whole of Jomtien Complex and VT5 were in the dark. VT7 and Jomtien Plaza seemed OK. Why did the power go off about 2 hours after the storm passed by, I wonder? Oh well, it was a good excuse to pop a torch in my pocket and head out to a candlelit bar for a few beers.

I think they had to cut the power to repair the junction box, as I could see them working on it in the blackout, and some of the condos have generator backup.