HDRIDER

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

Well not when i had one about 4 years ago, very bad never returned

4 years ago!!

well, you should have a look again, there is now two pizza oven (wood), and it's full of italian (living in Phuket) every time. Italians...., if they don't like the pizza, they never go back! You really should try again.

Oddly enough, members of Phuket Pizza Tuesday HAVE eaten a 'pizza' from The Pizza Company.

It was like eating a pillow smeared with tomato ketchup and melted cheese slices.

If it was free and i was hungry, i would eat it, but otherwise, i think not.

Lazy late sunday morning today, and called 1112 Pizza Company for the first time in over 2 years. 20 minutes later I could enjoy a greasy fat pillow smeared with ketchup and extra cheese more like a non tasting yellow sause with some occasional pieces of mexican nontasting chicken. At only 300 baht. Should have been illegal to call something like this for pizza.

Pepsi tasted ok though, and I didnt have to ride bike with a major hangover

Lazy late sunday morning today, and called 1112 Pizza Company for the first time in over 2 years. 20 minutes later I could enjoy a greasy fat pillow smeared with ketchup and extra cheese more like a non tasting yellow sause with some occasional pieces of mexican nontasting chicken. At only 300 baht. Should have been illegal to call something like this for pizza.

Pepsi tasted ok though, and I didnt have to ride bike with a major hangover

300 baht !!! Sheesh. Ok, plus points - it includes a tasty beverage. Secondly, it is delivered to your door in 20 minutes when a huge hangover dictates that this is important !

And that is it for the plus points.

The actual point of the exercise, that of eating pizza, was a disappointment to you. And rightly so, because the Pissa Company does not, and cannot make pizza. I think it should be renamed, and known from henceforth, as the Pissa Co.

300 BAHT !!! You can get a hand-crafted culinary delight of a pizza from Salvatore's in Phuket town for less than that...........though they don't deliver or do free Pepsi !

The very VERY sad thing is that Thai people actually like pizza although unfortunately they think the stuff from Pissa Co IS pizza. And that's a shame.

Mind you, they also think that Bega Cheese Slices are also 'cheese' when in actual fact, they are rubberized squares to put under an uneven table leg.

Or organic beer mats.

Or self-adhesive decorative tile art for your bathroom.

But 'cheese' - NO WAY !

actually did 2 more mistakes with the pissaco today

1. My girlfriend, who really loves spagetti, ordered spagetti. It came in a foilplate, tasted microwave and seemed to be oven heated. She ate only half, will see if my dog kan manage the rest tonight.

2. 3 hours later my hangover was stabilizing, and I had the 2 last slices of Mexican Chicken pizza. Any pizza can be almost tasty as long as its warm, but this 1 inch fatsoaked pillow with yellowextracheesesaus reminded me of 1 week old bread with leftovers when boy scouting 35 years ago

pissaco has done an amazing job making their pillows popular among thais, but presently being in Hua Hin I see more and more thais having proper pizza and what keeps pissaco alive is their brilliant motosai delivery service.

I hope its 2 years unil next hangover and need to have pissaco pillow delivered

Dear oh dear folks, reflect on this post and the comments, and ask yourselves 'is this what makes my life or is going to change it?'. The subjective opinions around crispy or deep pan bread base could possibly keep many enthralled, and the level of toppings etc could of course be controversial? Good luck, and enjoy.

Dear oh dear folks, reflect on this post and the comments, and ask yourselves 'is this what makes my life or is going to change it?'. The subjective opinions around crispy or deep pan bread base could possibly keep many enthralled, and the level of toppings etc could of course be controversial? Good luck, and enjoy.

this is a thread about pizza quality, to be enjoyed.

by charing these experinces like phuket pizza tuesday does, we can avoid sh-t pizza

Nothing to do about deep pan spicy american style, or thin and crisp classic italian. I love both styles, but it must be quality which pissaco is unable to supply.

I wish people would just enjoy a flucking pizza and get on with their lives. Is it really THAT important to know which is número uno and does anyone really really care?

Hi

You guys (both of you) dont really have to read this,,, do you :)

by charing these experinces like phuket pizza tuesday does, we can avoid sh-t pizza

Nothing to do about deep pan spicy american style, or thin and crisp classic italian. I love both styles, but it must be quality which pissaco is unable to supply.

Exactly. What I'm referring to is the lack of substance, not in the pizzas, but the threads we're currently getting in the Phuket forum at the moment. Shame really.

I wish people would just enjoy a flucking pizza and get on with their lives. Is it really THAT important to know which is número uno and does anyone really really care?

Hi

You guys (both of you) dont really have to read this,,, do you :)

100% right HD. Fortunately there are alternatives out there (as there is for any pizza muncher).

I do agree that the Phuket Tuesday Pizza club is an institution to be savoured, and long may it continue (and that's not tongue in cheek, serious jing mak).

Exactly. What I'm referring to is the lack of substance, not in the pizzas, but the threads we're currently getting in the Phuket forum at the moment. Shame really.

substance of threads is up to the posters, post in a thred interesting to you and improve substance

personally i like to discuss pros and cons with other members about trivil daily things like cars, bikes, food, pets, trailer hitches whatever. I see no shame, really

But people enjoy pizza.. so why not let them discuss it.

When every thread is debating the deep social issues or other heavy topics people complain that the forums are all conflict and debate.. When people post a light topic, others say its unimportant and fluff...

surely simply not opening the thead and leaving it to those that might read it is the easiest solution ??

I do agree that the Phuket Tuesday Pizza club is an institution to be savoured, and long may it continue (and that's not tongue in cheek, serious jing mak).

I hadnt heard of it until this thread, so it has it uses..

Kinda busy with things at the moment but I like the idea, gets a group out to spots around the island etc.

substance of threads is up to the posters, post in a thred interesting to you and improve substance

personally i like to discuss pros and cons with other members about trivil daily things like cars, bikes, food, pets, trailer hitches whatever. I see no shame, really

I do agree with you on that, genuine questions/comments etc, and the expansion of awareness. Good stuff. However, I've just noted in recent weeks, there's not been too many threads worthy of response, and there is an acute lack of some of the more notable members that formerly posted regularly. I also agree that the forum is what the posters make it.

However, I've just noted in recent weeks, there's not been too many threads worthy of response, and there is an acute lack of some of the more notable members that formerly posted regularly. I also agree that the forum is what the posters make it.

I think its a case of if your too much of a 'notable member' your in danger of being an ex-member.. Fine line to walk etc.

However, I've just noted in recent weeks, there's not been too many threads worthy of response, and there is an acute lack of some of the more notable members that formerly posted regularly. I also agree that the forum is what the posters make it.

I think its a case of if your too much of a 'notable member' your in danger of being an ex-member.. Fine line to walk etc.

Jing.

I think The Pizza Company is very creative. The Italian Baked Rice is a real innovation. With that product I think they've done for risotto what they've already done for pizza. And those little detachable pizza crust bites are a world first, as far as I'm aware. Although The Pizza Company's products might not to be most Westerners' tastes, I think they deserve credit. It's clearly a very energetic company with some good people working for it.

More generally, I think Thais are doing some pretty revolutionary stuff with fast food. The Sticky Rice and Spicy Pork Burger (เบอร์เกอร์ข้าวเหนียวลาบหมู) at 7-Eleven, for example. It's a delightfully simple idea - a 'bun' made from sticky rice with a burger that tastes like laap. And it really works! The only drawback is that the rice stays hot for too long. Even ten minutes after you buy one, a Sticky Rice and Spicy Pork Burger can be too hot to eat!

I think The Pizza Company is very creative. The Italian Baked Rice is a real innovation. With that product I think they've done for risotto what they've already done for pizza. And those little detachable pizza crust bites are a world first, as far as I'm aware. Although The Pizza Company's products might not to be most Westerners' tastes, I think they deserve credit. It's clearly a very energetic company with some good people working for it.

More generally, I think Thais are doing some pretty revolutionary stuff with fast food. The Sticky Rice and Spicy Pork Burger (เบอร์เกอร์ข้าวเหนียวลาบหมู) at 7-Eleven, for example. It's a delightfully simple idea - a 'bun' made from sticky rice with a burger that tastes like laap. And it really works! The only drawback is that the rice stays hot for too long. Even ten minutes after you buy one, a Sticky Rice and Spicy Pork Burger can be too hot to eat!

HI

I cant find out if you are for real? if you are you need to go out more often, i mean try some food real food

Chicken Green Curry pizza at 'The Cook' in Phuket Town.

Bootiful.

I remember from many moons ago, 'The Pizzeria Hut' just about where the new shopping center in Patong is now, was very nice. I believe they are still around but I don't get to Patong much now so don't know their location.

Anyone who eats at 'The Pizza Company' or 'Pizza Hut' needs a good slap. :)

Chicken Green Curry pizza at 'The Cook' in Phuket Town.

Bootiful.

I remember from many moons ago, 'The Pizzeria Hut' just about where the new shopping center in Patong is now, was very nice. I believe they are still around but I don't get to Patong much now so don't know their location.

Anyone who eats at 'The Pizza Company' or 'Pizza Hut' needs a good slap. :)

The Cook in Phuket Town has also been visited by Phuket Pizza Tuesday, in July.

In all fairness, it's a Thai restaurant that also happens to sell pizza.

It rated slightly below average. Plus points are price - 12- to 180 baht.

Downside was that the pizzas are cooked in a round, electronic pizza pan, so the bases are sweet (Thai style) and completely circular.

Ok for a quick snack.

Not so good if a pizza sensation is what you're after. Good value for sure, though i wouldnt go out of my way to eat a pizza there. It would be more a case of, "oh, they serve pizza here, i think i may have one"

Risotto from pissaco? Its ovenbaked rice with farangfood topping. My dog ate it though

Microwaveburgers from 7/11 too hot? wait 10 minutes and its dogfood too

pissaco very creative? its like five years ago Pizza Hut experinced every marketingcampaign they launched in LOS was presented by pissaco just a few days ahead. They finally found pissacos spys in Pizza Hut headoffice and they where brought to court. Thats LOS style of creativity. Since then pissaco had to invent their own meny and marketingcampaigns.

Love trolls

Forget about trolling larb burgers & back to pizzas. Brand me as a heretic if you must but a couple of days ago I tried a mediterranean seafood cheesy max pizza at the Pizza Company & found it to be OK. I have not tried Salvatores for many years so M & Ms remains my number one choice. Although I thought the chessy max was OK it is still a big step down from M & Ms.

Forget about trolling larb burgers & back to pizzas. Brand me as a heretic if you must but a couple of days ago I tried a mediterranean seafood cheesy max pizza at the Pizza Company & found it to be OK. I have not tried Salvatores for many years so M & Ms remains my number one choice. Although I thought the chessy max was OK it is still a big step down from M & Ms.

That's the thing with different people comparing pizza, Valentine, it's a qualitative results process. It's not an empirical science.

My own view is that the chain franchises like Piss-a Co make food that is edible only when drunk, or when suffering from a hangover. It's not somewhere i'd make a sober choice about eating at.

If you're in Phuket town, there are plenty of better choices. In fact, if you're just about anywhere on the island there are better choices................

That's the thing with different people comparing pizza, Valentine, it's a qualitative results process. It's not an empirical science.

My own view is that the chain franchises like Piss-a Co make food that is edible only when drunk, or when suffering from a hangover. It's not somewhere i'd make a sober choice about eating at.

If you're in Phuket town, there are plenty of better choices. In fact, if you're just about anywhere on the island there are better choices................

As they say "different strokes for different folks" although I tend to agree with you. Parking in Phuket Town is often not easy especially around Salvatores but my sojourns into the town are generally for taking kids to school. I am a frequent visitor to the shopping centres so when hungry it is a choice of Thai fast food (which I often have at Big C) or one of the chain restaurants. I was curious about the chessy max & so tried it. I also like their onion rings. I plan to make an effort to try Salvatores but not sure if he is open for lunch which would be my preferred time to go there.

Have you tried pizza at the Italian in RPM? I did last year & it was OK (certainly better than Pizza Co) but did not rate compared with M & Ms which is my yardstick at present.

Just around the corner from their original location.

They are in Soi Sansabai (Soi ice-factory for the old timers), first business on the left.

Just around the corner from their original location.

They are in Soi Sansabai (Soi ice-factory for the old timers), first business on the left.

My old landlord from my first Thai home.. Not a bad fella and always fair with me..

The Kalim operation isnt as good pizza but nicer view and location.