Scandinavian Tv In Thailand

chrgrims

Hi,

I want Norwegian tv channels here in petchabun. Can someone help me with finding the right solution? i guess i need to buy a big dish?

Getting them on the net isnt really an option, because our net is CAT cdma. its nice, but not big enough for tv. TOT might have a big enough connection but they drop out very often here, especially in the most important time for tv, the weekend. as far as i know, there are not other ISP's here.

thanks in advance,

chr

I very much doubt there is any Norwegian programming available on the satellites visible here in Thailand.

Both Norwegian sat TV providers (Viasat on Sirius 4 and Canal Digital on Thor 3/4) are on satellites which are below the horizon from within Thailand, so no reception possible.

I am not aware of any "world" channels coming out of Scandinavia. The Germans have DW, Flemish Belgium and Netherlands have BVN etc. which being world channels are available on many different satellites, including on the ones visible from within Thailand.

Our "local' satellite guy advertise "watch swedish tv" on his car so it must be available. Though not Norwegian of course...

world_ident1_liten_webb.jpg

It is called SVT World on Thaicom 5 C band and their web site is here (it is pay TV)

They say;

Teknisk information

SVT World sänds digitalt och krypterat i Viaccess 2.6 via satelliten EUROBIRD 9A med täckning över hela Europa inkl Kanarieöarna, Madeira, Azorerna, norra Afrika, Mellanöstern och västra Asien, samt över satelliten THAICOM 5 med täckning över Afrika, Asien och Australien.

Edited by joncl

ok, svt world looks nice. I guess i would get some winter sports etc there, which is what i need.

Theres several streaming channels available on the net .

All the programs from NRK 1 and 2 are free to watch and TV2 charge you a monthly fee. If you try google for it theres many options. TV3 Norway also started streaming most of their programs.

I very much doubt there is any Norwegian programming available on the satellites visible here in Thailand.

Both Norwegian sat TV providers (Viasat on Sirius 4 and Canal Digital on Thor 3/4) are on satellites which are below the horizon from within Thailand, so no reception possible.

I am not aware of any "world" channels coming out of Scandinavia. The Germans have DW, Flemish Belgium and Netherlands have BVN etc. which being world channels are available on many different satellites, including on the ones visible from within Thailand.

I have SVT World in Nakklua, Pattaya

tell me an ISP that deliever a big stable connection to this area, and i would be happy to get it :)

tot is terrible, especially in the weekend. true doesnt provide internet here. others?

Ok I see your point , slow connections will not work .

From my apartment in Bangkok I had no problems watching the channels from the laptop connected to a big screen TV. The quality was better than I expected.

Sorry but you won't find any Danish channels on any satellite that can be received here.

If you go to dr.dk > bonanza you can download practically any program that has been shown on DR1, free (so far). The connection is dead slow but hit pause until it's finished downloading then you can watch it without interruptions once the download has completed.

TV2 have something similar with tv2.dk > sputnik, but it seems you need to pay 49 dkr/month for that access.

Edited by Phil Conners

Great....I will look forward to that :-) If you happen to find some Danish channels on this dish, then I also want to buy one :-)

If you have a fast enough internet line you can try the free streaming channels , just google for it.

I have been watching Tv3 denmark sweden and norway , nrk 1 and 2 , svt 1 and 2 ,

sometimes the connection is slow but It's better than nothing.