Non - Imm B Visa And Work Permit Help In Penang

To apply for a non-imm B visa in Penang what do I need?

I have been offered a contract with a large enough company but what documents do I need exactly for the Non Imm B visa?

Do I have to have applied for the work permit?

If so how do I do this?

The company is in Phuket, is there an office there for the work permit or does one have to apply to the Ministry of labour in Bangkok only?

How long does this process take?

Is Penang a good place to do this? Or is Vientienne better?

Your website states that a letter offering a job is enough or should I have an employment contract?

Please can anyone help with this?

As your employer is based in Phuket, and you are going to need company documents to support your Non-B visa application, it would probably be easier to apply for your Non-B visa in Penang (see previous thread). Have a look at the link here which details the paperwork that needs to be provided to the consulate when applying for Non-B visa in the region. A simple letter of invitation will usually only suffice when applying at consulates outside the region.

You will have to show Form WP3 (receipt for application for work permit) to the consulate as part of the visa application papers. Your employer will therefore need to start the process of applying for your work permit (at the labour office covering the area where you will be working) before you apply for your Non-B visa. Once your Non-B visa is issued, the local labour office will need to see your passport showing the Non-Immigrant visa before they will handover the work permit.

Thaiphoon

The link to the index page on the Ministry site is not working. Can the WP3 application be made in Phuket province? Is there an office there? How long does that take? Do I need to be present or can it be applied for by someone in the company?

Do the company documents have to be originals or photocopies with a company stamp on them?

The link works for me, but here you go:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

Your WP application should be made in Phuket, as that is where you will be working. Process generally takes from a few days up to a week, but depends on the local office. There will be papers that you will need to sign beforehand, but your employer can lodge the application for you and obtain WP3 receipt. You will need to be present when your work permit is collected as you have to sign inside on the photo page which is then laminated. Company documents can be copies, but in the case of the company certificate, articles of association and shareholders list these need to be up to date. All company papers must bear the company stamp and be signed (usually by MD) on behalf of the company.

When Form WP3 (application form) is lodged at the Labour Department, the prospective employer receives a receipt, which is the Approval Letter referred to in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notes on Non Immigrant "B" Visa application procedures in the link I gave before. This Approval letter, which is a small slip of paper, is what you will need to show the consulate when applying for your Non-B visa. Be aware that consulates will normally only issue single entry visa first time round, and you can apply for multiple entry visa next time with actual work permit.

Form WP2 is, I believe, used to apply for WP where the applicant's current permission to stay is based on extension of stay through marriage to Thai national.