Desperate Thaksin May Go For Broke

webfact

duty.

That would leave money left over to start building animal shelters (NIMBY), plus enact spay/neuter programs for the tens of millions of abandoned & uncared for dogs throughout Thailand.

Don't know about animal shelters and a spay/neuter animal programme, a one way trip to the dog pound sounds more like a far better solution. It seems there is more important things to be done - like decent facilties and care for the abandoned and homeless kids of Thailand before they waste money on animals. I'm sure Thaksin would love to see his illgotten gains go to such good use.

Agree, a one way trip to the dog pound would be a good plan. Agree also that abandoned kids are a major issue in Thailand, though not often discussed, as it's an uncomfortable subject. However, whether it's more important than tens of millions of dogs running loose, is debatable.

Just one aspect of the dog problem; dried feces' dust blowing in the wind. Has anyone calculated how many tons of the stuff is blowing around Bkk at any given time (when it's not raining)? They did that sort of calculation for Mexico City, about 15 years ago, and the number of tons of dried feces dust was staggering (can't recall the exact number at this time).

Then there's the incessant problem of barking & threatening dogs, which affects everyone in the country. No exceptions.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the front page of the "newspaper that must not be named" - there is an article in which Thaksin declares that he will call off all protests, if he is allowed to be spared a jail sentence.

All of you strong Red Shirt for Democracy! people. Your groups financier just said that your groups cries of "Democracy" are full of crap. He just said that he controls the protests, and that the protests are about and for him. Congratulations - you are all suckers. At least Takki Shinegra is honest.

On the front page of the "newspaper that must not be named" - there is an article in which Thaksin declares that he will call off all protests, if he is allowed to be spared a jail sentence.

All of you strong Red Shirt for Democracy! people. Your groups financier just said that your groups cries of "Democracy" are full of crap. He just said that he controls the protests, and that the protests are about and for him. Congratulations - you are all suckers. At least Takki Shinegra is honest.

Yep, incredible he did let the cat out of the bag - made and signed his statement - THANKS a lot for that!

Or just yet another move of deceit?

Edited by Samuian

The megalomaniac is out of control. In his self serving attempt to bring down the Democrats, he may well be twisting his knife into the Kingdom itself.

I wonder how long he can run his private jet on his perpetual travels if 100 to 200 thousand bucks was all he really had. :)

He recently sold Manchester City football club are we forgetting this money?, also his pad in London must be worth a bob or two not to mention his vast bank accounts that were recently discovered in the Caymans, lets face it even with 72 billion tied up in the courts he is is still one very wealthy individual.

Lets face some fact here, as far as Takki is concerned it's not about the money in terms of value, probably not even about absolute power again - it's about saving his square "FACE" after it has been dragged thru the mud on a couple of occasions.

Lets face some fact here, as far as Takki is concerned it's not about the money in terms of value, probably not even about absolute power again - it's about saving his square "FACE" after it has been dragged thru the mud on a couple of occasions.

No - its about the money. The man has no shame, no face, just unmitigated greed.

Edited by LawnGnome

I think you do well to draw attention to the three factors of face, money and power - IMO the first is too often overlooked in comments here. Difficult for most non-Thai (I'm also going to say - maybe not-very-PC - "non-oriental" so as to include Chinese, Koreans, Japanese etc) to gauge the significance of face in this case and probably even most Thai couldn't say for sure how big a factor it is for Thaksin.

My own take (i.e. just my opinion/instinct) is that the first two are uppermost and inter-connected in Thaksin's mind. Dislike him as I do, I still see him as savvy and calculating enough to recognise that he is not going to come back to office. Whether he could resist manipulating behind the scenes (always par for the course in the nexus between Thai politics and "business" phu yai) is another matter........

The article also mentioned Mr Thaksin would require 'negotiations' on 'his' 76 billion frozen baht...

Not mentioned was that the Dubai Investment Authority announced it is broke yesterday...

If PM Abhisit does take Mr Thaksin up on his offer to come to 'discuss things' in Dubai over 'camel meat', perhaps Abhisit better bring along some Thai food as there may be little camel meat left to go round for Mr Thaksin (via his 'pals' in Dubai;) ...

The megalomaniac is out of control. In his self serving attempt to bring down the Democrats, he may well be twisting his knife into the Kingdom itself.

I wonder how long he can run his private jet on his perpetual travels if 100 to 200 thousand bucks was all he really had. :)

He recently sold Manchester City football club are we forgetting this money?, also his pad in London must be worth a bob or two not to mention his vast bank accounts that were recently discovered in the Caymans, lets face it even with 72 billion tied up in the courts he is is still one very wealthy individual.

Right. Let go of the canard which mentioned the 100 to 200 thousand dollars. It was a typo at best. Change 'thousand' to 'million' and you get a fraction of what he's got to use to try and bring Thailand to its knees. He's doing everything he can in desperation. He knows he's on a sinking ship. He says he'll call off the red shirt goon squads if the gov't promises to keep him out of jail. If I break the law, can I use the same tactic? In other words, if Thai authorities had an arrest warrant for my arrest, I could use T's tactic by saying, "I'll pay to get 5,000 thugs on the street to cause as much mayhem as possible .....unless you promise to not jail me."

Let's hope the current bunch of administrators don't succumb to such gutter guile. Tell Takki that if he's found guilty of a crime, he's got to do the time. Simple. And don't let jellyfish Sondhi anywhere near a microphone, as he might open his mealy mouth and start offering deals. Message to Sondhi: you don't speak for the Thai people. You haven't been elected to anything. Thai law, as flawed as it is, should be allowed to run its course.

He will likely just realise the mistake that he has made and then re-cant, claiming that he was mis-represented or something and the reds will believe him and continue to blindly follow.

I think you do well to draw attention to the three factors of face, money and power - IMO the first is too often overlooked in comments here. Difficult for most non-Thai (I'm also going to say - maybe not-very-PC - "non-oriental" so as to include Chinese, Koreans, Japanese etc) to gauge the significance of face in this case and probably even most Thai couldn't say for sure how big a factor it is for Thaksin.

My own take (i.e. just my opinion/instinct) is that the first two are uppermost and inter-connected in Thaksin's mind. Dislike him as I do, I still see him as savvy and calculating enough to recognise that he is not going to come back to office. Whether he could resist manipulating behind the scenes (always par for the course in the nexus between Thai politics and "business" phu yai) is another matter........

Add an unprecedented ruthlessness anchored in the believe that he is "the one", to rule and to harvest, it's just his attitude,

greed in any form has just taken over and his statement "the UN is not my father" gives a glimpse of what he thinks about authorities and other opinions.

If one looks at the path of this man and some of his "highlights"... the way he used to deal with "unwanted critics"... just look at the set up of his red shirt punks!

He seems now like a hurt not well groomed child, dispossessed of his foremost and favorite toys..spitting, kicking and boxingat anything and anyone who shows up without his toys or the promise to bring'em back....

Edited by Samuian

Apparently Takki knew these discussions between the government and the UAE were underway, hence the reach back to his old crony Hun Sen, which anyway would bring him closer to Thailand. The question is what evidence or proof of Thaksin's obvious political activities in the UAE would the UAE accept as relevant, material, appplicable to their laws to expel Takki? Maybe the UAE has had enuff diplomatic pressure on it to turn against Thaksin or maybe it just wants more of a 'host' fee from the bugger.

No - its about the money. The man has no shame, no face, just unmitigated greed.

How much money he can keep is a measure of his face too.

If he loses money because someone stops him from keeping it,

it is a loss of face. He has lost power and prestige,

but they were gained by his use of money.

Lose the money lose the face.

Money=power=face=kow tow society run amok.

Hun Sen and Thaksin are using the arrested engineer to their up most, now his mother has run to Noppadon begging for help.

Don't be surprised to see him released on an important day coming soon for Thais.

January 3 is an important day for Thai politics, there's a by election in Mahasarakham, both sides will be watching to spot any trends.