Obituary - Mario Juka

dwtgray

Samui resident Mario Juka was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday morning. Some of you may know him, he owned the Ikon kitchens in Maenam and fitted a number on the island. He leaves behind his Thai wife and two small children. If anyone would like to attend a memorial service for him, this will take place at the Bhudist Temple in Maenam at 17:30 on Tuesday 24th Nov. The Temple is situated left at the main traffic lights in Maenam when coming from Bhoput, approximately 200 meters along the road.

A very nice guy who will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Our thoughts go out to his family at this very sad time.

R.I.P

I Had the pleasure of knowing Mario for the last 10 years and enjoyed every single time I bumped into him whether it be in Tesco or in the bar for a few beers he was always the most easy going but focused guy you could ever meet.

My hart goes out to his Wife and kids and all his family back in Australia

RIP Mario, you will be in the harts and minds of all who had the pleasure of meeting you in your very short life.

I did not know Mario but a number of my friends did. What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts a prayers are with his family. RIP Mario

Please will the authorities hand out due punishment in the hope that it may act as some sort of a deterrent from now on.

Our condolensces go the Juka family for the loss of their son Mario over the weekend in Koh Samui Thailand after a tragic motorcycle accident ended his short life on earth. Mario was captain of Hurstville Zagreb under 21's in 1991 and captained the team in being the first ever Hurstville Zagreb team since their inception into Australian folklore in 1970 to have won the Champions of Champions tournament NSW state champions. Ante Covic was also part of the team and went to play with the Australian Socceroos but this Hurstville Zagreb team was star studded. Mario in the same year won the player of the year trophy as awarded by his coaching staff. RIP Mario Juka and keep the beers cold up there.

Edited by Exodus

Having googled in the internet for Mario's name I wanted to find out more about his past 8 years. I had the pleasure of working with Mario for 5 years at a Property Development co out of Sydney. At the end of my term both Mario & I decided to head overseas, mainly to Thailand. For me it was my 1st time, for Mario it was a return visit having been there on numerous occassions previously. After travelling throughout the mainland we settled down in Ko Samui, of which one of Mario's school mates had been living there for about 10 yrs. It wasn't shortly after our arrival that Mario had made the decision to return to Oz to pack his bags & settle in Ko Samui permanently. Within our short stay of about 2-3 weeks Mario had found himself a job & had met his wife to be. I was very happy for Mario making such a drastic move but one that he tackle with full force & once he had an idea in his head it was very difficult to shake. I can only image his family had a difficult time in letting him go. There is plenty to say about Mario but the most sincere is that he will be missed dearly. My condolences go out to his family both in Thailand & Australia.

My condolences go out to his wife and family. I had met Mario in Samui on my travels and all though it was a short time spent. I made some life long friends. Mario was instantly likeable with a laid back attitude a lust for life and a overwhelmingly big heart. He will be missed.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in shock over Mario's death. I new him for fours years while I was living in samui. My girlfriend even picked his dog mango.

Mario was one of the most genuine characters on Koh Samui. He was laid back, easygoing and made friends effortlessly. My sympathy goes out

to judican his wife and his 2 children. You will be sorely missed Mario.

Hello to everyone,

Mario s wife is my wife s cousin. When i told her about these comments she could not see them. So now i sent her the link to Thai visa. She will be comforted by all of your kind words. I thank you for her and her kids.

Gorand