Getting My Prescriptions Filled/mailed To Me

bpariz

I have prescriptions for heart medication and one pain medication from the VA in the States. What kind of hassle is it to have them mailed to me by another person (The VA doesn't mail out of the continental US) Or can I use these prescription bottle to get them filled here?

They are Atenolol,Amiodarone,Ranitidine,and Hydrocodone

Thanks

Ranitidine, amiodarone and atenolol are all available over the counter in verty inexpensive locally made generic equivalents. Cost of buying them will be less than the postage of mailing them from the US.

Where you will have a problem is the hydocodone. It is a controlled drug in Thailand and thus requires a doctor's presecription and can only be sold by pharmacies holding a special license, most often a hospital pharmacy. Having it mailed to you could be risky, if you do go that route at least be sure it is in a clearly labelled prescription bottle and that you have on hand a doctor's certificate stating it has been prescribed to you -- and that the quantity is no more than a one month supply, which is the limit for importing any type of medication without a prescription.

Better option is to see a doctor at any hospital or clinic and get a prescription. As Thai doctors are often averse to presecribing opiates, be sure to bring medical summary/doctor's letter with you.