Running Shoes And Athletic Wear

up-country_sinclair

I'll be visiting Bangkok soon, and would like to pick up a pair of quality running shoes (Asics, New Balance, etc...) and also some shirts and shorts designed for exercise--materials that wick away moisture.

Can anyone recommend a shop that would have good prices on these items? I'll be staying on Sukhumvit, but would be willing to travel a bit for the right shop.

By the way, I know that every mall will have a shop that sells these items, but I'm looking for good deals.

Thanks!

I run in Asics and, after much fruitless searching, gave up on buying them in BKK; I order them from the Internet now.

Whilst the sports shop inside Central; and quite a few other malls, does indeed have a lot of stuff, they are limited on running wear. Guess running is not so popular, what with the pollution in BKK :)

I run in Asics and, after much fruitless searching, gave up on buying them in BKK; I order them from the Internet now.

Whilst the sports shop inside Central; and quite a few other malls, does indeed have a lot of stuff, they are limited on running wear. Guess running is not so popular, what with the pollution in BKK :)

Which site do you use to order Asics? How much do you pay in customs tax?

I'll just be in BKK for a few days, and then head back up country--Where the air is clean.

I use Amazon. They act as a storefront for a number of suppliers, not all of whom will ship to Asia; you will have to check their shipping policies. I do not live in Thailand; in Vietnam tax was about USD 0.50, here in Cambodia it was USD 1.50 for 2 pairs :) .

Tokyu in MBK had surprisingly good prices on runners the last time I checked. I can't remember if they had Asics (probably not if hanno couldn't find any), but if you must have them, check out Paragon. They tend to have all of the import items that others can't afford to bring in, but be warned that their prices are not good.

i see running shoes in every mall i go to

What size though? I have never seen bigger than 10 (I am 11 to 11.5), and the choice of Asics is very limited. I run in Asics Gel Kayano 15 which I never saw in Thailand (and they are only USD 120.00 on the net).

I like New Balance athletic shoes....

There are several franchised New Balance shops around BKK with both shoes and some apparel... Locations include inside Central World and another in Siam Center or Siam Discovery.... can't recall which....but they are both right next door to Siam Paragon.

I wear size 15s, so no help for me here in Thailand... But when I've asked at the shops, they seem to stock up to men's size 11 or 12, depending on the shop and shoe model.