Finance Requirements For Thai Tourist Visa

Hello,

I am an Indian National applying for a Thai Tourist Visa. I went to the VFS Thailand Visa website and the instructions say that you must provide Evidence of Adequate Finance equal to 20,000 Baht.

This may be a very obvious question - but I still want to ask

What documents can one provide which will satisfy the Thai Visa requirements for Evidence of Adequate Finance? Is it ONLY a bank statement or are there any other documents they will accept?

Also if I provide a bank statement - how many months of bank statement do I need to provide? Is it sufficient to provide one month's bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or do they need more?

Thanks !

I visited the Royal Thai consulate in Perth just under a week ago and applied for the triple-entry tourist visa. They never asked for any financial statements whatsoever, although I would have produced an ATM receipt with balance statement of just over the 20,000 THB threshold if asked.

Not sure how different embassies vary on that one, but one foolproof method could be to just have 20,000 thb or equiv. in your pocket when you go to the embassy. I guess the assumption is that if you're able to afford the fares, you probably have the spending money. Good luck with it.

That is a cash requirement for entry into Thailand and could be checked by Immigration on arrival. Cash is what you should have - or a card to obtain cash.

Is Cash a requirement for entry into Thailand. I do not see any mention of having Cash to show immigration on the Embassy websites. In your experience did you have to show cash to the immigration officer upon arrival?

I looked at the website for the VFS Thailand Tourist Visa and it stated that Evidence of Adequate Funds appears is a requirement to receive the Tourist Visa from the Thai Embassy in India.

For some reason - I cannot post a weblink on this Thai Visa site so if you go to GOOGLE and search for "VFS Thailand Visa" you will see the webpage I am talking about. You may need to click on "Visa Forms and Requisites" and then on "Tourist Visa" to see what I am referring to.

Edited by laawaaris

at the airport nobody ever asks about funds - if you have problems with visa in india, you can get it on the border. Till 1st march tourist visas are free

Also, one thing I found out the hard way last week: single-entry tourist visas are free for now, but multiple-entry tourist visas are the usual price per entry.

1. Tourist visa is free currently - some locations limit that to one entry only.

2. The requirement is 10k single/20k family for visa exempt or tourist visa entry. For non immigrant visa entry it is 20k single/40k family. MFA Website

3. It is seldom checked by Immigration but can be, and sometimes is, for persons/flights that there may be questions as to the persons ability to support themselves. Such ability is a requirement for entry.

at the airport nobody ever asks about funds - if you have problems with visa in india, you can get it on the border. Till 1st march tourist visas are free

He can only get a 15 day VOA and only at those entry points that issue and would be subject to below requirements.

- To obtain the visa on arrival, the passenger must be:

- holding passport valid at least six months and in good

condition, with at least one blank visa page for visa

stamp and endorsements; and

- holding tickets (standby tickets not accepted) for

onward/return journey within 15 days from arrival date (if

failing to do so, entry will be refused); and

- holding at least THB 10,000.- (approx. USD 320.-) per

person or THB 20,000.- (approx. USD 640).- per family; and

- able to provide an address while in Thailand; and

- coming for touristic purposes only.