Thailand's State, Public Sectors Urged To Boost Investments

Thailand's state, public sectors urged to boost investments

BANGKOK, Nov 24 (TNA) – Thailand's state and private sectors must invest more to make better use of existing savings amounts as their current investments remain too low, according to a top fund manager.

Narongchai Akaraseeranee, chairman of MFC Asset Management Co, said Monday that public and private investments had shrunk by 9.1 and 17.7 per cent respectively despite, in his opinion, the fact that the government should invest at least 25 per cent of its expenditures.

He said Thailand is in huge deficit of investment because it has insufficient investment tools compared to developed countries.

One effective investment tool is to invest in stocks of companies not listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). Such firms are popular and large in both Europe and the United States where they invest in private business, public utilities, and alternative energy through funds.

Additionally, Mr. Narongchai said Thailand must overhaul its economic structure in preparation for the coming major economic change when Asia becomes the economic hub in place of Europe and US.

He said that Asian economic growth would help global economic recovery with China playing an active role in driving the economy.

Thailand must adjust its role and develop into the regional logistic hub. Unless it could do that prior to the major economic change, it might lose investment opportunities to Vietnam.

Currently, Thailand enjoys liquidity of more than Bt1 trillion, which could boost international reserves and strengthen the baht. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/11/24

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

There is that phrase again "regional hub"....LOL

Thailand may loose investment money to Vietnam....they have lost investment money to Vietnam.

For Thailand:

1. Stabilise the politics in Thailand

2. Make it easier for foreigners to open and operate business' both big and small

3. Give incentives to foreigners to open big and small business' in Thailand

4. Learn from the likes of Singapore and Hong Kong to understand how they did it...

Get rid of the mindset...come here on holiday..spend all your money and p*ss off..

People are prepared to invest in something if they are getting something in exchange, Thailand today is too one side...We want your money but we dont want you if you will..

a simplistic explanation would probably be sufficient to illustrate why the current economic state is so very slowly moving.

last year while i was driving toward khaw-yai, i noticed a very slow moving mercedez benz going about 60 km/hr ahead of my almighty 4 wd suv....

i tried politely blinking on my headlight on and off several minutes asking permission to pass.... but to no avail....

i tried to pass but the benz was not budging.... there was long line of cars and trucks following us by then....

i resorted to do what most thais would.... that was to honk, honk.... honk, not to annoy but to ask permission to pass.... to no avail either....

i stepped on the gas paddle all the way down and passed that mb quickly on the left side....

the driver was in military uniform and was alone in front.... but there were two other military persons at the backseat....

the driver clearly was not actually in control of the vehicle....

similarly the persons who steered the economy might not really know what he was doing or that he might only appear to be in control.... but that in actuality he was just performing what significant others were instructing him what to do, what to say and when to eat and sleep.... lol

remember just a while ago, the central bank of thailand was issuing order to withhold 30% from farang investors.... lol

wait a minute.... i love thailand and like to continue to live here for a long time, ok? especially, now that the weather is more of my liking.... about 15 to 20 degrees.... lol and i am already doing my part in sharing hot meal with the neighbors....

there are also several other splendid western and chinese ideas in my little head.... but mr apisit never bother to call yet.... lol

Get rid of the mindset...come here on holiday..spend all your money and p*ss off..

People are prepared to invest in something if they are getting something in exchange, Thailand today is too one side...We want your money but we dont want you if you will..

This is the biggest issue and I can't see it ever changing, the Thais think they have something special and believe that foreigners should pay.

Over twelve years experience here. I am frustrated because I have several ideas which could lead to a profitable business and give me something to achieve. But no, fuc_k it, I've run three companies here and seen how we foreigners just get screwed and messed about.

There are just two cases that might succeed.

1. You have just cash enough to start a company, prior experience and a lot of energy and persistence, and rely on it for your income.

2. You have so much money that the business can be considered to be a hobby, and really want to give yourself a headache.

But if you have enough cash then AVOID BUSINESS IN THAILAND LIKE THE PIG FLU! And if you don't have enough cash, then DON"T EVEN THINK YOU CAN SUCCEED HERE.

Edited by 12DrinkMore