Thaksin's New Passport Name: Takki Shinegra

webfact

I though that the Thai authorities had only revoked Thaksin's diplomatic-passport, leaving him his ordinary one, does this 'man of the people' refuse to use a normal passport, like normal people, or is his memory becoming unreliable ?

For reference:

On 12th December 2008, Thaksin's Diplomatic Passport was revoked.

On 12th April 2009, Thaksin's ordinary Passport was revoked.

Thank you, I stand corrected, I must have missed that. :)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...We've long been allowed to refer to Thaksin Chinnawat as Taksin Shinawatra.

No. On ThaiVisa, please refer to any person by one of the names he/she uses himself/herself. Thank you. Maestro

Then I assume it's ok to refer to Takki as:

"Thaksin, the only one who can save Thailand from the aspersions that I cast at it and its people, and the only person who can call off the Red Shirts from threatening the PM's life and office, and the only savior who can lift Thailand from chasm of economic downturns."

"A person like me is too wellknown to hide. It's useless for me to change the name since many people know me. I walk in department stores in any country [and] many people come to greet me," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The delusions of grandeur. I'm sure very few people in foreign countries have any idea who he is, or really care.

http://www.notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=849

“Since his exile, Thaksin Shinawatra or Takki Shinegra or whatever he calls himself has become a master of disguise,” said Interpol. According to the agency, since 2007 Thaksin has traveled around the world using no fewer than 14 aliases, including “Tex Sheen” in the US , “Taal Shienweiss” in Israel , “Aksim Szchenewassad” in Egypt , “Toxeus Shinawapoulus” in Greece and “Tocque Zinne J'ene Veauetreu” in France .

Police were still determining whether passport holders Thakslav Shinawatov from Russia , Thaksiano Shinawati from Italy and Dak Shinsson from Finland are also Thaksin aliases.

perhaps, the interpol should also zero in on one of his chinese synonym....

and did some chinese students not refer to the person as:

TAAR-SUONG CHIN-NAR-WAI meaning, i think, loosely interpreted, CHIN WHO? ... lol

Edited by nakachalet

http://www.notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=849

"Since his exile, Thaksin Shinawatra or Takki Shinegra or whatever he calls himself has become a master of disguise," said Interpol. According to the agency, since 2007 Thaksin has traveled around the world using no fewer than 14 aliases, including "Tex Sheen" in the US , "Taal Shienweiss" in Israel , "Aksim Szchenewassad" in Egypt , "Toxeus Shinawapoulus" in Greece and "Tocque Zinne J'ene Veauetreu" in France .

Police were still determining whether passport holders Thakslav Shinawatov from Russia , Thaksiano Shinawati from Italy and Dak Shinsson from Finland are also Thaksin aliases.

:):D:D

Is there any credible source that backs this story up?

Yes - Thaksin denies it, so it must be true :D

Funny! Indeed, it's what I've been saying for years. Rule of Thumb: Any statement that's uttered emphatically by T is probably a lie.

I can only say good luck :D to him! He is smarter than the whole lot of Polititions put together :)

Maybe he's smarter that polititions from Outer Politia (put together by what - paper mache?), but is he smarter than politicians?

Ok, he's so smart, he shipped Thai fruit (that wasn't selling in Thailand) to Thai embassies and consulates worldwide by military jet transport, and ordered the consular staff to eat it or take it around to publicize it. Several other bargeloads of unsellable fruit were put in warehouses where they molded so bad that they became toxic waste dumps (no pun intended) and later, the cleanup estimates were in tens of millions of baht. He may be smart, but please don't appoint him as boss of any company selling produce.

I just see the usuall hotheads that where screaming "FRAUD" about a certain cambodian spu tape now suddenly take a piece of news hook, sink and bait. Totally uncritical and making jokes that would make a kindergarden 5 year old blush in shame.

So how do the denial from Thaksin (as posted on Bangkok Post, and most likely on Nation too if that page would ever load here in farangland). Could it really be the shocking truth that the whole "news" is a piece of slander produced by someone trying to please their puppet masters?

I doubt it was ever news but it got repeated on tv as if it were genuine.

The name was shown yesterday as a clever anagram as I and other posters pointed out. It allows Taksin bashing but in other threads they are closed pending official conformation from a relaible source.

Its entertaining as H#@L how many members got hooked and reeled in on this one.

"A person like me is too wellknown to hide. It's useless for me to change the name since many people know me. I walk in department stores in any country [and] many people come to greet me," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

The delusions of grandeur. I'm sure very few people in foreign countries have any idea who he is, or really care.

Considering he's banned from entering most of the countries in the "developed" world and most of the one's he is allowed in, hardly know of or have department stores, then one can only gawp at the fantasyland this person lives in. I seem to recall in past freer days when he was allowed into Britain, he liked to hang out in Harrods and little newsagents in Kensington between MUFC matches, desparately hoping hired hacks from Thailand, lovely Lydia or one of the Chalerm kids (Mr Toilet) and entourage would find and recognise him, to send fawning mesages back to the faithful at "home". But a lot of water has flowed under London bridge since then and crocodile tears spilt over blown opportunities, until he's been reduced to skulking around with dodgy sheikhs, blood diamond dealers and nextdoor neighbour dictators to find anyone that wants to give him the time of day. Poor, sad, deluded Takki. :)

...We've long been allowed to refer to Thaksin Chinnawat as Taksin Shinawatra.

No. On ThaiVisa, please refer to any person by one of the names he/she uses himself/herself. Thank you. Maestro

Then I assume it's ok to refer to Takki as:

"Thaksin, the only one who can save Thailand from the aspersions that I cast at it and its people, and the only person who can call off the Red Shirts from threatening the PM's life and office, and the only savior who can lift Thailand from chasm of economic downturns."

Well, as he himself now is wanting to be called takki, I would recommend to google 'takki' ...

Have a good read as I donot think he looked for what it means....

Uganda Denies Issuing Thaksin's Passport with New Name

UPDATE : 3 December 2009

Uganda has dismissed a claim that it has issued a passport for the self-exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Uganda's Internal Affairs Ministry has insisted that no travel document has been issued for former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, whose name has been changed to "Takki Shinegra."

The denial comes amid claims made by assistant of Thai Foreign Minister Panich Vikitsreth that passports issued to Thaksin by other countries including Uganda are hampering international efforts to apprehend him.

The fugitive former premier is wanted on corruption charges in Thailand.

Internal Affairs Permanent Secretary Stephen Kagoda insisted yesterday that Thaksin has not been issued a Ugandan passport.

Internal Affairs Ministry oversees the Immigration Directorate that is responsible for issuing passports.

Panich commented that Thaksin's new name will cause a problem for extraditing the former premier, as the name on all official documents is Thaksin, not Takki.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009/12/3

If you follow George's link on facebook he himself shows him as a friend and under the name of Taksin

If you then go to Taksin's page on facebook that appears to confirm George's reference, as that also is under the name of Taksin

An earlier post here claimed Taksin had denied a name change

Maybe The Nation etc are not right but George is.

<snip for brevity>

In a Twitter note on his webฌsite yesterday Thaksin said a wellknown person like him did not need to change his name.

"A person like me is too well known to hide. It's useless for me to change the name since many people know me. I walk in department stores in any country [and] many people come to greet me," he said.

"I still use my old name but don't say I would have a sexual transplant. It can't be helped, as you guys are so stupid to revoke my Thai passport, so you have no way to trace me through nonThai documents.

"Don't challenge me to show my passports. I won't, since you would fake them electronically, 5555," Thaksin said in his note.

<snip for brevity>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

Call me cynical, but although he appears to mock the idea, I can't see where Thaksin's comment on Twitter actually denies that he also uses the name Takki Shinegra sometimes, as well as his former name, under which people swoon at his feet, whenever he walks into a department-store in some remote part of the world ? :)

OK, he says it is useless for him to change his name, that he doesn't need to change his name, that many people know him, and that he still uses his old name. But that isn't a denial that he also has an alias which he sometimes uses.

After years of political BS from DL, a failure to deny clearly and unambiguously, is good-enough proof for me ! :D

<snip for brevity>

In a Twitter note on his webฌsite yesterday Thaksin said a wellknown person like him did not need to change his name.

"A person like me is too well known to hide. It's useless for me to change the name since many people know me. I walk in department stores in any country [and] many people come to greet me," he said.

"I still use my old name but don't say I would have a sexual transplant. It can't be helped, as you guys are so stupid to revoke my Thai passport, so you have no way to trace me through nonThai documents.

"Don't challenge me to show my passports. I won't, since you would fake them electronically, 5555," Thaksin said in his note.

<snip for brevity>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

Call me cynical, but although he appears to mock the idea, I can't see where Thaksin's comment on Twitter actually denies that he also uses the name Takki Shinegra sometimes, as well as his former name, under which people swoon at his feet, whenever he walks into a department-store in some remote part of the world ? :)

OK, he says it is useless for him to change his name, that he doesn't need to change his name, that many people know him, and that he still uses his old name. But that isn't a denial that he also has an alias which he sometimes uses.

After years of political BS from DL, a failure to deny clearly and unambiguously, is good-enough proof for me ! :D

You partly quoted my post above.

Th full post shows that both George and Taksin have confirmed the name of Taksin on Facebook

I followed the link that George kindly provided.

<snip for brevity>

<snip for brevity>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

The full post shows that both George and Taksin have confirmed the name of Taksin on Facebook. Taksin is listed as one of George's friends, so one assumes he knows that Taksin is still called Taksin. And Taksin has also confirmed his name

Rainman in post 278 asked for a source. It clearly was not George; but maybe it was The Nation perhaps getting it just a little bit wrong.

Edited by caf

May I conclude that so far there is no evidence whatsoever that Thaksin has that new passport as claimed by the Minister of Foreign affairs ?

Surely, if a respectable Minister of Thailand claims so he should/must be able to present such evidence to the audience in Thailand ? Piece of cake I think.

Or did I miss the evidence ? :)

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

<snip for brevity>

<snip for brevity>

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/11/27

Th full post shows that both George and Taksin have confirmed the name of Taksin on Facebook

Actually it's Thaksin, not Taksin. 'Taksin' was a king in a one-king dynasty.

• 4 months later...
May I conclude that so far there is no evidence whatsoever that Thaksin has that new passport as claimed by the Minister of Foreign affairs ?

Surely, if a respectable Minister of Thailand claims so he should/must be able to present such evidence to the audience in Thailand ? Piece of cake I think.

Or did I miss the evidence ? :)

LaoPo

Sorry to reply in an old topic but I came across these photos only today and seeing that no pictures of Thaksin's Nicaraguan passport have been posted yet I thought it best to add them here. The printed text on the inside pages of the passport is unfortunately not legible:

20100408%20Thaksin%20passport%20Nicaragua%2001.jpg20100408%20Thaksin%20passport%20Nicaragua%2002.jpg20100408%20Thaksin%20passport%20Nicaragua%2003.jpg

--

Maestro