Price Of Cigarettes.

Bianne

Not wishing to drag the thread too far off topic but in 2006, I remember L&M were 35 baht and Marlboro Red 20s went for around 60 baht. Can anyone tell me what a softpack of Marlboro will set me back at the 711 next week?

75 baht

Thanks Michael. That was the price they went upto in September 2006 (2549) just before the coup, and then they reverted to 60thb again, which was quite a nice outcome for such a military exercise IMHO. I'm pleased that after three years away, such a price rise is not such highway robbery as the 25% rise that would have been inflicted on the consumer in one fell swoop if not for that coup, as far as I gather. 25% over three years is tolerable and I am pleased after having paid almost $10aud (300thb) for these past three years.

:)

I think that the cheapest places to buy cigarettes is Model City Supermarket on Beach Road; 540 Baht per carton. can anyone beat this?

Best supermarket across from tops in central pattaya sell for around the same when your buying a carton

Thanks for the tip. Best is more convenient for me than Model City.

:)

Thank you for all the answers. I really think that all who are depended of some kind of drug has take his/hers own responsibility to get clean. But those who smoke has to show considerattion to the non-smokers.

Maybe but by that same argument you could be telling non-drinkers to stay away from drinkers as they drink their 'drug' of choice in a bar or club :)

Two packs a day for 40 years you figure the cost. I stopped cold turkey over 4 years ago. What made me stop, had a stroke. I still have a drink and love the girls ( I'm married) so drooping one vise out of two is all the man down stairs is going to get from me. I well always love the smell especially of a fresh pack but I'll never go back and I well never till others what they should or should not do. :)

Thank you for all the answers. I really think that all who are depended of some kind of drug has take his/hers own responsibility to get clean. But those who smoke has to show considerattion to the non-smokers.

You said it, and we all know what the ultimate price of cigarettes is.

yeah, 60 baht.

Ban Laem (Cambodian border): THB 150 for a carton L&M.................made out of buffalo-hair.

Taste can not be compared with the real thing, but it smokes.....and that's what counts.

These Cigarettes from the Border are Terrible, absolutely the worst Cigarette I ever had.

Talk about throat nippers - jeez.

I would not entertain them if they were free !!!

Ban Laem (Cambodian border): THB 150 for a carton L&M.................made out of buffalo-hair.

Taste can not be compared with the real thing, but it smokes.....and that's what counts.

These Cigarettes from the Border are Terrible, absolutely the worst Cigarette I ever had.

L&M Blue are fine, i buy 10 cartons at a time. i have run out and had to buy some ciggies today....yikes @ 60b a pack.... fark that, im gunna go for a ciggie run on saturday.

L&M Blue are fine, i buy 10 cartons at a time. i have run out and had to buy some ciggies today....yikes @ 60b a pack.... fark that, im gunna go for a ciggie run on saturday.

I don't know how you get away with bringing in 10 Carton's at one time - I never buy any but the Driver's always ask me to carry there's for them in case we get stopped, and one time we did, and the police got inside the Minivan to check - so be careful.

I don't know how you get away with bringing in 10 Carton's at one time - I never buy any but the Driver's always ask me to carry there's for them in case we get stopped, and one time we did, and the police got inside the Minivan to check - so be careful.

I dont cross the border, I sit and have lunch and they are delivered to me.