Boats To Koh Larn

bubu

Boats, right across from Hard Rock Hotel. about 1500 for the day.

Ferry, the end of walking street. Maybe 60 baht motorcycle taxi ride to there or 100 baht to hire a baht bus.

Problem with ferry is they really push you onto one and only one beach when you get to the island. "better" beach areas reserved for other people, not the "cheap" ferry passengers. You get your choice of beach, NE side if you take a boat. Not as crowded.

Been five or six times. Twice by ferry.

Edited by gk10002000

Problem with ferry is they really push you onto one and only one beach when you get to the island. "better" beach areas reserved for other people, not the "cheap" ferry passengers. You get your choice of beach, NE side if you take a boat. Not as crowded.

This is not true. When you get there by ferry you get off and you're on your own and free to decide where you want to go. You probably took the ferries which go to Ta Waen Beach. Every hour the ferries alternate between Ta Waen Beach and Na Ban Pier.

Here's what you do. If you end up at Ta Waen Beach get a baht bus or motorbike taxi to take you over the hill to the baht bus terminal near Na Ban Pier. From there you can catch a bus to any beach around the island. Alternatively just catch a motorbike taxi to any of the beaches. Better still, hire a motorcycle for 300 baht and go where you want on your own. If you end up at Na Ban Pier, it's a short walk from the pier to the baht bus terminal.

The ferries go to Ta Waen beach simply because it is the best beach on the island and where most tourists (myself included) prefer to go. I've never seen a beach crowded at anytime I've gone there over the last 18 months.

If you already have mtbike you can bring that along asswell,they charge u and extra one hundred baht to bring it on the boat,so 120 to there,and 120 back.

I cannot see the point of taking your own bike. On Koh Larn you can hire a Honda Wave for 200 baht (petrol included) or an automatic (AirBlade, Nouvo) for 300 baht (petrol included). There's only a few kilometers of road anyway, so once you had a quick look around there's no where else to ride.

If you already have mtbike you can bring that along asswell,they charge u and extra one hundred baht to bring it on the boat,so 120 to there,and 120 back.

I cannot see the point of taking your own bike. On Koh Larn you can hire a Honda Wave for 200 baht (petrol included) or an automatic (AirBlade, Nouvo) for 300 baht (petrol included). There's only a few kilometers of road anyway, so once you had a quick look around there's no where else to ride.

I can see the point,its the same price to bring it as to rent,actually it costs a bit more to rent,and its a nice drive around and you can explore the place better with your own transport,and its great just to hop off the boat and then onto the bike and speed away,renting out a bike there isnt the best idea in the world.So you may not see the point but i certainly do. Why rent out a bike from those cowboys in Ko larn if you already own one.

Edited by Dpolenz