Number Of Semesters Per Year@assumption University

JohnnyFalang

Hey everyone,

Noob here and first time poster. I have been lurking at ThaiVisa for a while now and decided to join. I noticed there is a bit more helpful discussions being held compared to other places I have visited.

I was wondering if anyone knew how many semesters AU holds per year. I see there are three dates for applying. Is this just application deadlines or actual semesters?

Thanks in advance!

John

Edited by JohnnyFalang

Thai unis have 2 semesters of 4 months each usually running from early June until the end of September and the beginning of November until the end of February. My nephew and niece study at Assumption and they seem to follow these times.

Not all Unis are 2 semesters. Thammasat has 3 for both undergrad and grad. The grad semesters are May-August, September-December, and January-April. I can't remember the undergrad dates, but they are about a month off from the grad ones. Applications are only accepted between November and March.

Check Assumption's website. It must say there, or call them.

There are two semester plus summer semester from March to May. First semester is June 1 - October 13, and second October 26 - March 10. You can apply any time you want but they need at least 1 - 2 months before beginning of a semester for the visa stuff etc.

What are you going to study there?

Edited by heykki

I thought Semester are always 2.

3 would would be Trimester or?

Agreed... 3 is trimester (from latin trimestri= 3X1 month)

> 4 trimester in one year...

As for semester (from latin semestri= 6x1 month), you are right

> 2 semester in one year...

Otherwise for my Melbourne friends... 4 seasons in one day, but that's another story :)

There are two semester plus summer semester from March to May. First semester is June 1 - October 13, and second October 26 - March 10. You can apply any time you want but they need at least 1 - 2 months before beginning of a semester for the visa stuff etc.

What are you going to study there?

I was looking into their business degrees.

I have emailed them twice already and have had no response on both occasions.

I was looking into their business degrees.

I have emailed them twice already and have had no response on both occasions.

They aren't very good at answering emails, that's true. I suggest trying again or calling them by phone. If you have any further questions about the business degrees, you can pm me here.