Iphone How To Disable Internet Use

rexnong

If it is jailbroken using something like SBsettings from Cydia.

If not check your Push email, location services are switched off and don't use safari, youtube, maps apps.

another way is to change the cellular data internet settings from ais ais internet to something incorrect.

Edited by dekka007

The problem is with Safari so stop using Safari in iphone and it should solve the problem . There is a bug in the safari which enabled safari to run in the background even when you close the browser . I think it might have been solved now . So updating to the latest OS might solve the problem too.

Even if you toggle the EGDE button to "off" in SBsettings, the iPhone's Push functions will still activate your carrier's Data(Internet) service if your Cellular Data service is not disabled. You will still be charged. Make sure you change your APN settings to a fake one AND your Push e-mail, location services are turned off. Not turning off the Push functions when your Cellular Data service is disabled will slow down your iPhone and suck up your battery life.

I installed a "FAKE APN" Toggle to my SBsettings app. from Cydia. Now I can switch the Data services on or off on the fly.

Edited by prism

Even if you toggle the EGDE button to "off" in SBsettings, the iPhone's Push functions will still activate your carrier's Data(Internet) service if your Cellular Data service is not disabled. You will still be charged. Make sure you change your APN settings to a fake one AND your Push e-mail, location services are turned off. Not turning off the Push functions when your Cellular Data service is disabled will slow down your iPhone and suck up your battery life.

I installed a "FAKE APN" Toggle to my SBsettings app. from Cydia. Now I can switch the Data services on or off on the fly.

Thanks for everyones help but if i click on even a game of ping pong after it charges me ?

I have fakeapn.notvalid in the apn data box

everything is turned off yet my 12-call credit is going?

Ok, here is the scoop on your declining BHT's on your iPhone. I have an iPhone 3GS, so I hope this works for you. I arrived in Thailand for the first time a few days ago. Shortly after arriving at the resort on Samui Island, I bought 100 BHT worth of minutes on the "one-2-call" system. I noticed that was eaten up very quickly even though I had only made one phone call which was less than one minute. I tinkered with some settings such as shutting down the location services, changing APN settings as described in this forum and others, logging out of chat applications, etc., so then I was stupid and bought 600 BHT worth of extra time. Within 24 hours, it was again down to nothing. I then found the number to call the AIS call center (1175) which I could not access from my iPhone because I was out of minutes so I used my wife's cheap Samsung cell phone. I finally spoke with a guy who knew about the iPhone 3GS and he said to go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > NETWORK > CELLULAR DATA NETWORK > then scroll all the way to the bottom and use the "reset" option". After that, go back all the way to the top and in the Cellular Data section, in the APN field, type "multimedia" without quotes and, voila, that fixed it! Leave everything else blank!! I didn't even have to re-boot the phone. If you have any issues try re-booting anyways and it should set correctly.

Hope this helps!

Scott

It's not that hard, I don't think you need to muck with APN settings (which don't seem to do anything - I never set this, but still use internet...)

- Turn OFF notifications. Settings->Notifications->OFF

- Turn off automatic email checking. Settings -> Mail... -> and set everything that you can find to manual. Make sure you do it for all email accounts.

I have a 20 hours / month plan and it's always more than enough. I have, however, managed to completely drain my credit twice. Once, I had enabled notifications, and forgotten to turn it back off. Notifications means you are constantly connected, which eats up your minutes in real time. IF you have no internet plan, that means 1 baht / minute. Automatic email checking also seems to eat much more than it's fair share of minutes - I drained 50 hours of internet time plus 200 Baht left in my account in about 3 days. Even though I set it to check only every 15 minutes. It doesn't seem to add up.

To make sure you are not using internet minutes, check your remaining credit every 30 minutes for a while. *121# for remaining minutes, *139# for remaining internet GPRS minutes on your plan. The # at the end is important, that makes it so you get a network notification and don't have to listen to to the automated phone system.

I had this problem too and as said by nikster turning off the notifications was the trick

Hi thanks for all your help although turning off notifications still didnt work,

i searched everthing and installed a program which disables it now ,sb settings didnt work for my phone still drained my credit so did changing the text to multimedia

My phone is a 8gb 3g and is jailbroken and also was blocked in the u.k ,if you disable everything and set to manual as soon as you click a game or ap your credit will start going at about 5 baht per game i noticed

Anyway if anyones stuck let me know and i will check the program name for you

P.s can these work like the nokias with gps/voice activated without using the connection?

It's not that hard, I don't think you need to muck with APN settings (which don't seem to do anything - I never set this, but still use internet...)

- Turn off automatic email checking. Settings -> Mail... -> and set everything that you can find to manual. Make sure you do it for all email accounts.

ITS NOT THAT HARD?

i had spent over 800bt in top-ups trying so many different suggestions ,i am guessing these people alredy have packages for internet use so htis may slow it down but if you havent your F&%&ed ,anyway all sorted now with a program via cydia

Thanks for all your help just need to get a thailand gps :D:) map hack now and i will be happy

This is straight from the one-2-call customer center...

In the "cellular data" section, type the word "multimedia" (without quotes) in the APN field...that's it! LEAVE ALL OTHER FIELDS BLANK!

This will stop your THB's from zeroing out!

This is straight from the one-2-call customer center...

In the "cellular data" section, type the word "multimedia" (without quotes) in the APN field...that's it! LEAVE ALL OTHER FIELDS BLANK!

This will stop your THB's from zeroing out!

ITS NOT THAT HARD?

i had spent over 800bt in top-ups trying so many different suggestions ,i am guessing these people alredy have packages for internet use so htis may slow it down but if you havent your F&%&ed ,anyway all sorted now with a program via cydia

Thanks for all your help just need to get a thailand gps :D:) map hack now and i will be happy

Hmm it sounds like you were using some games that created an internet connection. So let's be clear: My settings above only prevent inadvertent internet use - you can still use safari or mail and GPRS on demand. And games that use the internet.

If you want to get rid of the internet completely, I think you can just tell AIS, they'll just remove the GPRS capability from your plan. A friend of mine did that. He didn't know about the notifications and doesn't have an internet plan, so he just called AIS customer service and told them to turn off GPRS for good. Worked for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem too and as said by nikster turning off the notifications was the trick

Hi thanks for all your help although turning off notifications still didnt work,

i searched everthing and installed a program which disables it now ,sb settings didnt work for my phone still drained my credit so did changing the text to multimedia

My phone is a 8gb 3g and is jailbroken and also was blocked in the u.k ,if you disable everything and set to manual as soon as you click a game or ap your credit will start going at about 5 baht per game i noticed

Anyway if anyones stuck let me know and i will check the program name for you

P.s can these work like the nokias with gps/voice activated without using the connection?

Ya, of course we want to know what program that was. Not really understand why you posted anything without naming the program. I have a 1st generation 16 GB phone and SB Setting, switching off all notifications and push are NOT working for me. At first I thought it was just AIS trying to rip me off so I switched to DTAC but still having the same problems.