UK Fiance To Marriage Visa

I am after a little help regarding the transistion from Fiance to Marriage Visa

If I am correct, once we are married we then apply for a 2 year extension to the visa???

How do we go about this, where can I download the application form and what is the fee??

A link to a government website would be great.

Thanks

Here is the link that will give you all the info you need to apply for a FLR (Further leave to Remain visa) Visa, the process is very straight forward, you have a 4 week window to apply for the new visa, 4 weeks before the fiance visa finishes, no sooner and no later,, hope this helps.

Brigante7.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukreside...iontype/flr(m)/

you have a 4 week window to apply for the new visa, 4 weeks before the fiance visa finishes, no sooner and no later

Are you sure? Have the rules changed?

I have always understood that one can apply at anytime after the marriage and before one's current LTR expires, and having quickly scanned the UKBA website and guide to completing the form can find no mention of this '4 week rule.' Can you provide a link?

PS. topic title edited to include 'UK.'

you have a 4 week window to apply for the new visa, 4 weeks before the fiance visa finishes, no sooner and no later

Are you sure? Have the rules changed?

I have always understood that one can apply at anytime after the marriage and before one's current LTR expires, and having quickly scanned the UKBA website and guide to completing the form can find no mention of this '4 week rule.' Can you provide a link?

PS. topic title edited to include 'UK.'

My wife's fiance visa ended on March 29th 2007 and when I downloaded the forms for her TLR visa it stated quite clearly that she couldn't apply until there was 28 days or less left on her fiance visa so I applied on March 1st 2007 and the visa was issued and dated on March 7th 2009, it might have changed now and if it has then I stand corrected.

Brigante7.

Hi

I'm just doing the same thing right now. My fiance and I marry this Saturday in Ipswich. The help line was pretty good. Download FLR (M) and you can apply by post (£465 I think). This can take up to 6 mths (yes that really is what it states!) or apply online for a face to face for, as they say, 'stright forward' applications. The new Visa is granted on the spot. This option costs £680!!!!

The form is 19 pages and asks for the same information and documentation that you already supplied for the fiance visa.

It appears to be cheaper to marry in Thailand and apply for the marriage visa as its the same price as the fiance visa. I seem to remember paying around 34000 in July this year.

Only another £800 to find in 2 years time hahha!

If anyone has just completed this process and thinks I'm wrong please post quickly, it could save me a small fortune in time and money