Thai Visa Breaking News Ticker

womble

I'm a little dissappointed that the so called breaking news in red near the top of each page on the forum is often several days old.

That's hardly breaking news........

Just wondering if it will become more up to date in the future?

IS it a direct link to the nation, is it up to them to keep the news more up to date, whoever it is should keep breaking the new stories as they happen as it's a great idea if only it was more up to date.

^ Yes, well maybe george is cooking the books, I don't know. I guess its kind of like the amount of members here at thaivisa, the little counter says 90,000 or there abouts but clearly theres only a few hundred regular posters, i dont know how many of those numbers account for people like the WONG family and all the other twits that come into the thread trolling etc. Then theres the banned people etc, I wonder how many members there really are?

The ticker is now showing less articles, now 6 instead of 10 items, so it should be more fresh.

We have also slowed down the speed of the ticker as requested.

You might need to refresh the browser with CTRL-F5 in order to see the new version.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Looks better. Minor point, but the current headline about the Clockwork Orange thing partially disappears behind the Google search form. Perhaps worth bearing in mind for the future that shorter headlines are better, or make it so that the two areas don't over lap.