Tourist To Non Imm O

I have a tourist visa at the moment. I got this as it was free at Vientiane, I normally get a non Imm o due to being wed to Thai.

I have been offered a job but cannot work on a tourist visa. Is it possible to swap my tourist to a non O at immigration, or is it a trip to Laos.

Many Thanks for any info.

Believe a change of status is only done as part of a one year extension of stay; which it would seem you may not qualify for if doing visa entries.

I would get the non immigrant O visa; then obtain the work permit; then, if income meets the 40k for spouse, extend you stay on that basis.

My friend also has a tourist visa, and he wants to apply for the 1 year extension based on retirement. What is the procedure? Does he first change the tourist to non-immigrant O and then apply for the extension, or does he start the 1 year extension application with the tourist visa?

He has to visit Immigration with more than 21 days on his permitted to stay with proof of 800k in bank or letter of 65k income from Embassy or a combination to meet 800k per year. He fills out a form and pays 2,000 baht. This gets he a 90 day non immigrant entry - he later extends that entry for one year using the normal TM.7 paperwork and 1,900 baht.