So Much Whining About Expensiveness.. But?

gvallee2

Everyday at least in many of the forum section there is a thread about how thailand is too expensive, how retiree have to move back. How teachers are getting poorer and poorer, how the rental market is terrible. Can anyone explain to me why when i post a condo rental in thaivisa classified that is one of the best deals you can find in bangkok for only 15k a month right on sukhumvit(under market value, no profit) i get 0 emails in 2weeks? I even wrote im giving away my washing machine and none of those 'ahhh why can't i live cheaply' guys ever mailed me. Is this is just one big internet level and all those guys are actually working for the new world order trying to spread panic?

At the 15,000 - 20,000 baht range there are a ton of good condos on the rental market and most of them are within walking distance of the MRT/BTS so you have lots of competition there. It's also currently a renter's market and I don't see that trend ending anytime soon.

i looked for over 6months to find this deal, i had to bargain it down for a little while. Even the studios in this building go for only 2k less than this 60sqm 1br

I doubt theres a lot of competition. im just trying to get out of my lease and move out of this dreaded smogy city back to the beach.

There's just something off about the whiners.

I mean im sitting here on my desk, and theres 45 17-22 year old university girls walking around in short skirts, this alone must be worth 10k a month from old pervs on social security? :) close enough to see their face perfectly.

Of course its hard to compete with those beautiful 5000baht a month places with no windows, yellow'd down ceramic floor, bamboo stick bed, scary smelly thai shower where you sit on the toilet, 500 baht 15" TV and a 1 meter high fridge sitting by a microwave from the cold war :D

Edited by gvallee2

i looked for over 6months to find this deal, i had to bargain it down for a little while. Even the studios in this building go for only 2k less than this 60sqm 1br

I doubt theres a lot of competition. im just trying to get out of my lease and move out of this dreaded smogy city back to the beach.

There's just something off about the whiners.

I mean im sitting here on my desk, and theres 45 17-22 year old university girls walking around in short skirts, this alone must be worth 10k a month from old pervs on social security? :) close enough to see their face perfectly.

Of course its hard to compete with those beautiful 5000baht a month places with no windows, yellow'd down ceramic floor, bamboo stick bed, scary smelly thai shower where you sit on the toilet, 500 baht 15" TV and a 1 meter high fridge sitting by a microwave from the cold war :D

So you looked for 6 months to find the best deal in town', you now want one of these 'whingers' to release YOU from YOUR contract and thus save you money, The best feature you can describe is forty five 17-22 year old students passing by in short skirts. Who's doing who a favour here??

Oh and those retirees you so eloquently describe as living in shitty 5000bht a month rooms will have 10,00bht a month to spend on those uni girls if they stay put.

Dont get frustrated with people because you cant find a mug to bail you out of your contract!!!!

Of course its hard to compete with those beautiful 5000baht a month places with no windows, yellow'd down ceramic floor, bamboo stick bed, scary smelly thai shower where you sit on the toilet, 500 baht 15" TV and a 1 meter high fridge sitting by a microwave from the cold war :)

You may think you have researched the market but the price you are asking for a mere 60 sq. m. apartment is way expensive.

For 5000 a month I have full ceiling to floor tinted glass windows behind which I can stand naked looking at uni girls to use your key selling point, :D , marble tile floor, real bed with real mattress, large bathroom including a bath. Fridge, tv and microwave are my own.

Depending on location, you are charging too much or way too much.

Good luck, there's some real suckers out there.

are these guys joking or is this typical from social security guys?

I think the issue is your price falls between two demographics.

The English teachers that can only spend >10,000 a month and office types that see no problem in spending 25+ for a one bedroom.

Your target market of 15k sadly is drying up due to the restrictions on long stay farangs who dont work / or do so illegally if you know what I mean.

Suggestion: Raise your price. This is the Thai way. :)

are these guys joking or is this typical from social security guys?

How can you find something negative about working from your bedroom and watching cute girls to keep the motivation on?

How do you know that all the people who dont agree with you are social security guys?? If your gonna 'label' people on the price of accomodation, does that mean we can label you a pervert bordering on a paedaphile for pointing out the best feature of your accomodation is beeing able to leer at 17 year olds in mini skirts?

And moving back to the beach? does that read i'm missing Pattaya and the 500bht shags?