Skiing. On Snow. In Pattaya.

anothertorres

Not sure if it is correct, but I think it is on the motorway on the way to the Open Zoo - there is a huge concrete tower being built - looks like an airport control tower and a very large structure next to it - the reason I say this is that it looks like the tower that has been used in some of the images on the billboard mentioned.

Not sure if it is correct, but I think it is on the motorway on the way to the Open Zoo - there is a huge concrete tower being built - looks like an airport control tower and a very large structure next to it - the reason I say this is that it looks like the tower that has been used in some of the images on the billboard mentioned.

Been wondering what that structure was going to be.

Although considering the massive amount of rebar and concrete going in there I would have expected some more impressive structure then an ice skating rink...

OH MY GAWD...

talking like an indoor snow field like in dubai?

that'll be great, i can finally use all my snowboards and snow gear i have here!

i live just off soi siam cc, i'll go looking for the sign today!

Yea just like Dubi then Pattaya can go 59 Billion in dept. :)

Google translate says: Description We build the first ski slope in Thailand, indoor 140 m long, 30m br.met accompanying hotel, ice rink, shops and restaurants, for 40% of the total investment, we find small private investors, after the construction phase (2 years) we at least 8 times % plus interest in participating in the market winst.Een has bv.uitgewezen that 70% of the Thai people love to zien.Daarom like real snow is also equipped with a playground where visitors can enjoy themselves in the sneeuw.Bij 50% of capacity utilization project are paid back in 5 Years.

Would you trust a company who cannot afford the $100 or so to construct a website and business email address ? Even worse, is the fact that the prospective owner didn't think it might be wise to at least appear professional.

This has Thai and "never in my lifetime" written all over it.

that'll be great, i can finally use all my snowboards and snow gear i have here!

Agreed, if they build this and the cost of admission isn't too high, I will definitely check it out!

But just out of curiosity, why do you have so much snow gear in Thailand? Until this snow park opens, there's not much use for it!

Agreed, if they build this and the cost of admission isn't too high, I will definitely check it out!

But just out of curiosity, why do you have so much snow gear in Thailand? Until this snow park opens, there's not much use for it!

Hey variety is the spice of life.. Once you have had 'girlfriend' dress up as a nurse, devil, gimp, schoolgirl etc... guess legwarmers, ski boots and a hockey mask make a nice change... :)

But seriously.. I watched a Discovery Channel program recently about the building of the Dubai Ski Park... Lot's of problems with contruction quality and pipe welding.. They got it finished but behind schedule... Dunno if it is much of a sucesss.. The one in Singapore is okay but myself and a couple of mates have all taken their wives/GF's there and after 10 minutes the Thais are frozen and uninterested... Despite my girl being we travelled and into adventure sports and exercise.. She still wasn't really into snow, ice and being cold... Either in S'pore or in real snow in Europe..

Not sure that winter sports would be much of a hit with the locals... Have you seen guys trying to persuade their girl to enter the 'Ice Room' in the some of the vodka bars... Like hearding cats...

But if it gets completed it will offer something else to do... Maybe it will be popular with the Russians ? :)

With a planned building cost of close to 25 Mill Bht, they expect a turnover of 35 M Bht and a profit of over 17 M Bht. I wonder what consults have come up with the figures. Could it be Dreamland Ltd, Where your investments are as safe and secure as the snow in Thailand? And now they are looking for small investors to cover 40% of the estimated building cost. Piece of cake. Any takers in the forum?

My wife wants to see and feel snow. Then we can go to Pattaya and she can feel snow and I can go to Devil's Den. :) (Joke, she will go there with me. To DD) Tthat will save me the trip to Europe for the snow.

Hey variety is the spice of life.. Once you have had 'girlfriend' dress up as a nurse, devil, gimp, schoolgirl etc... guess legwarmers, ski boots and a hockey mask make a nice change... :)

Hey, to each his own. Who am I to criticize? I guess there's a fetish for everything these days!

i live here now, so just about everything i owned back in aus is here, also thailand is close to south korea, japan and russia, a few good snow destinations :)

With a planned building cost of close to 25 Mill Bht, they expect a turnover of 35 M Bht and a profit of over 17 M Bht. I wonder what consults have come up with the figures. Could it be Dreamland Ltd, Where your investments are as safe and secure as the snow in Thailand?

Errmm,I guess your calculator has an error because they estimate a building cost of 250 Million baht.Neverthless their expected profits,which you also need to add an extra 0,are extremely rose tinted.

no doubt it'll be expensive, in the thousand baht+ for an hour range, and even with those prices they'll have to be packing in 100+ a day. if they DO get 100+ a day, ti'll be almost pointless going, for the size it'll be too busy to do anything on.

what's their electricity bill going to be like? electricity isnt cheap here.

anyway, it has to get built first.