Good Steak In Kan? Or Bbq Pit? Or Bread?

popsicle

sorry, another food question. i feel a little bit deprived and would like to not cook for once!

searching for good steak. like good quality beef, i can sink my teeth into while it's about medium rare.

none of that overcooked beef drowned in sauce? or perhaps a bbq place?

makro and tesco beef is just not cutting it, i bring beef back from bangkok, but would be awesome if there was a local butcher.

marbled meat. mmmmmmmm.

the whole backpacker strip is not my scene.

oh and bread. i miss good bread. gardenia and farmhouse loaves depress me.

thinking of making my own ciabatta and brioche. anybody do their own baking here?

are you talking about kan in korat? there are a few very nice farang restaurants in korat. dont remember the names right now, but let me know, and i can find them.

on another note, i also appreciate quality western food, but i would advice to not try to find a french 3 star michelin restaurant here. it will just lead to disappointment. bangkok yes, central thailand no.

i really miss good bread too. i dont really know where to get it :)

take care, chr

I make my own bread, its the only answer. Wholemeal & italian types mostly

There's a new steak house called Money opposite Rajabhat Uni (by the bridge). Owner Kay speaks excellent English & I'm sure he'll tell you where he gets his supplies from

Agree with you 100% over the tourist strip, zombie central

thanks for your responses!

chrgrims, i mean Kan as in Kanchanburi, apologies for not being clear.

mhm, would really appreciate if you can let me know where you get your raw materials from.

i droppped by tesco, and looked for bread flour, but made peace that it was.... more lotus than a tesco...

or would i need to get flour from bangkok? any online resources ?

i guess i will take the plunge and try to make my brioche... if successful, i can break out my gruyere and melt it all over... mmmmm

thanks for the steak house recommendation, i' think i've passed it before (i live by ladya)

best regards, popsicle

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good supplier of wholemeal flour in Kan.

As you drive west through Kan centre, turn left at Top Charoen at the second crossroad traffic lights.

Follow the road, about 200 metres and turn right at the small crossroads.

It is now one way.

At the t junction where cars have to turn right there is a small market on the left.

Immediately opposite is a small mom and pop store selling all types of flour.