Where To Buy A Sim Card In Silom?

jaizan

Where's the best place for a tourist to buy a SIM card in Silom?

I want a nice cheap SIM card for making a few domestic calls in Thailand during a 4 week holiday.

Number of calls is likely to be quite small, so would like a deal where I hand over a maximum of a few hundred baht for card + credit.

I would recommend DTAC. There are some great pay-as-you go deals with them - one is called "1516" and the calls start at 15 satang per minute. DTAC also have a number you can call to access a Thai language translation service. The number is *1021

As the previous poster suggests, 7-Eleven is a good place. Just ask for a DTAC-SIM. Say "DTAC SIM mee arai krab" and they'll hopefully show you the ones they've got.

The DTAC shops in the big shopping centres will help you far more however.

I would recommend DTAC. There are some great pay-as-you go deals with them - one is called "1516" and the calls start at 15 satang per minute. DTAC also have a number you can call to access a Thai language translation service. The number is *1021

As the previous poster suggests, 7-Eleven is a good place. Just ask for a DTAC-SIM. Say "DTAC SIM mee arai krab" and they'll hopefully show you the ones they've got.

The DTAC shops in the big shopping centres will help you far more however.

I agree - always pick up a SIM from 7/11 ASAP on arrival. (usually DTAC but the staff know the best deals - I leave it up to them) I am lazy so go get a coffee and ask any young person to get the thing going and they are on to it in a flash.