Kit Car

lovelomsak

after all that im pretty sure no one on here will buy anything from either of you :)

No because youre probably like all the other farang cheap shots living here ,...no money

Why the stupid comment..

With all respect but I think tb86 didn't make such a stupid comment.When I go through yours and Hoghead's posts,or at least what I can make out of it,this just looks like another slagging fest.The only words that come to mind are pot,kettle and black,and for sure they are not favourable for creating a new business opportunity.

Maybe both of you should first learn how to reply to a post before you gonna put together kit cars as you already made an unreadable mess of your posts.

I only joined this forum because I dont like the way this guy is associating myself and my car with ripping people off

Unfortunately some people who cant read or understand more than the beer label shouldnt involve them selves in more complicated stuff.

IF YOU wanted to buy a kit car...well ...now you are warned

As for putting a kit car together...Go to VR classic around page 60....many offers for my car around 1.2 million.....

Not bad for a 60,000baht' 73 Beetle.

BTW I have refused many offers over that...

So may be not being able to write is not as important as you think :)

post-105123-1272039063_thumb.jpg

Decent looking engine, you building them yourself or farm it out? Is the exhaust ceramic coated or just painted? It looks like ceramic, who syncs the carbs for you or do you that too? Webers or Solex? Look like Solex..

Edited by WarpSpeed

after all that im pretty sure no one on here will buy anything from either of you :)

No because youre probably like all the other farang cheap shots living here ,...no money

Why the stupid comment..

With all respect but I think tb86 didn't make such a stupid comment.When I go through yours and Hoghead's posts,or at least what I can make out of it,this just looks like another slagging fest.The only words that come to mind are pot,kettle and black,and for sure they are not favourable for creating a new business opportunity.

Is that what this forum is about ...business opportunity..

My original comments were because I am not party to any scam..

MY car and MYself are not part of a scam selling rubbish car kits....thats It....

Pots and kettles and any other rubbish dont come into it :D

post-105123-1272039860_thumb.jpg

after all that im pretty sure no one on here will buy anything from either of you :D

Why the stupid comment..

Is that what this forum is about ...business opportunity..

My original comments were because I am not party to any scam..

MY car and MYself are not part of a scam selling rubbish car kits....thats It....

Pots and kettles and any other rubbish dont come into it :D

Ok lets stop arguing about nothing before it gets out of hand.What's the difference between your car and the silver car in the picture as the body is much wider and lower.You say you have wide body but it seems there is wide and wide according to the picture you posted.

Oh and the business oportunity was only because you mentiond several times already that you have them for sale. :)

Edited by basjke

Decent looking engine, you building them yourself or farm it out? Is the exhaust ceramic coated or just painted? It looks like ceramic, who syncs the carbs for you or do you that too? Webers or Solex? Look like Solex..

Yes Ceramic coated...I tried chocolate but it kept melting. :) carbs Solex

A guy named Chung(mechanic) Sang Wat in BKK. synced my carbs and engine

I take my rebuilds through 3 shops

He can even make gear cogs...

I altered the rear ratio to 3.88.1....the only Thai mechanic that ever impressed me.

I tried many in Pattaya....monkeys all of them

He also did my discs and air con

post-105123-1272040265_thumb.jpg

You got Ceramic coated here or they are shipped in? I could have saved you a lot of heartache and told you that chocolate would melt if you'd asked me first! :)

Imported...same as carbs

cant get ceramic here ..well I cant find..

And the carbs are actually cheaper to buy in the US and impot them..

Even the wheels were imported...from the cost, i think they each had a seat in 1st class with extra leg room

Ok lets stop arguing about nothing before it gets out of hand.What's the difference between your car and the silver car in the picture as the body is much wider and lower.You say you have wide body but it seems there is wide and wide according to the picture you posted.

Oh and the business oportunity was only because you mentiond several times already that you have them for sale. :)

Sorry misread your post because,as i said before,you really messed up your replies.I read again and you said that you have the original body instead of the wide body.To be honest the silver one in the picture,which is a so called wide body I suppose,looks way better then the original body.That is my taste maybe other posters can give their opinion.

Sorry misread your post because,as i said before,you really messed up your replies.I read again and you said that you have the original body instead of the wide body.To be honest the silver one in the picture,which is a so called wide body I suppose,looks way better then the original body.That is my taste maybe other posters can give their opinion.

Well he answered that he opts for the classic style comparing the wide body to a "roof rack on a Ferrari" (personally I don't see it that way at all as a Ferrari is right in line with the wide body concept being a higher performance model) but for my tastes and purposes the wide body has it's certain appeal to be sure, I'd like to be able to see both up close to tell about the quality of either honestly and I don't see why anyone would limit themselves to strictly a classic market when there is so little change over to producing both.

Well he answered that he opts for the classic style comparing the wide body to a "roof rack on a Ferrari" (personally I don't see it that way at all as a Ferrari is right in line with the wide body concept being a higher performance model) but for my tastes and purposes the wide body has it's certain appeal to be sure, I'd like to be able to see both up close to tell about the quality of either honestly and I don't see why anyone would limit themselves to strictly a classic market when there is so little change over to producing both.

The reason the 356 is a 'classic' is because it is the 1st mass produced Porsche.It is an iconic design and is regarded in the annals of motor history as such..this car has been reproduced in many models up to the present day..you can still recognise the cockpit of a 356A coupe in a GT3 .Whilst building the replica I have had suggestions regarding low profile tires.aluminium wheels.silver windows metal flake paint large exhaust systems etc...The car is a replica of the original..As Buitoni said the originalis the best..anything else just makes it a kit car....

Go to www.kitcarlist .com and you will see many examples of altered classics that dont quite look right.

If Ferdinand Porsche had made the wide bodied rubbish it certainly wouldnt be the co.it is today.

Actually I might go out tomorrow and put 16inch slicks on my pick up...not

post-105123-1272045126_thumb.jpg

Horses for courses, but what you should understand is that this car was Ferdinands first foray into car making and he was eventually forced into doing exactly that due to instability in the rear end of said cars just as both you and Hoghead have eluded to as a problem, now you've stepped heavily into my realm of the world...Every model after this one had a wider stance to provide stability...

Given that Porsche just purchased controlling share of the largest car maker in Europe (VW) and thereby making it the largest in the world by volume as a joint corporation I'd speculate that the change didn't hurt Porsche too much in the long run.. :)

Edited by WarpSpeed

Horses for courses, but what you should understand is that this car was Ferdinands first foray into car making and he was eventually forced into doing exactly that due to instability in the rear end of said cars just as both you and Hoghead have eluded to as a problem, now you've stepped heavily into my realm of the world...Every model after this one had a wider stance to provide stability...

Given that Porsche just purchased controlling share of the largest car maker in Europe (VW) and thereby making it the largest in the world by volume as a joint corporation I'd speculate that the change didn't hurt Porsche too much in the long run.. :)

Even the later cars have a tendancy to drift on corners especially in the wet...

Experienced drivers of porsche rear engined cars can usually compensate the steer.

This is half the fun of driving REAL sports cars...not the malange of traction control power this and that that pervades the

market today...hair dressers cars is what we used to call them

Thats just my opinion as an owner for many years and a driver :D of the Real thing

post-105123-1272097490.jpg

Just a note

Ferdinand Porsches first foray into car making was a small project called the Volkswagen Beetle commissioned by Adolf Hitler...

Famous for the invention of the Auto bahns and the VW....

Not popular with me because he blew up my grandads tank

Prior to VW ..Porsche was working with Daimler from 1910 and went onto Mercedes Benz.

Prior to the war he made Tractors and racing cars during the war he made an unsuccesful attempt at a tank.

Porsche tank attached

post-105123-1272098868.jpg

Even the later cars have a tendancy to drift on corners especially in the wet...

Yes, this is why the also eventually added a rear wing as tire size was no longer an option..

Experienced drivers of porsche rear engined cars can usually compensate the steer.

This is half the fun of driving REAL sports cars...not the malange of traction control power this and that that pervades the

market today...hair dressers cars is what we used to call them

Thats just my opinion as an owner for many years and a driver :D of the Real thing

I agree with your opinion on the traction control etc. which is why I was glad that F1 finally dropped all of those costly aids and exclusive tire deals with unlimited tire changes like Schumacher had, which ultimately had the effect of separating the wheat from the chaff...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Just a note

Ferdinand Porsches first foray into car making was a small project called the Volkswagen Beetle commissioned by Adolf Hitler...

Famous for the invention of the Auto bahns and the VW....

Not popular with me because he blew up my grandads tank

Prior to VW ..Porsche was working with Daimler from 1910 and went onto Mercedes Benz.

Prior to the war he made Tractors and racing cars during the war he made an unsuccesful attempt at a tank.

Porsche tank attached

Ooooopppss! I wasn't specific enough, I should have said "performance cars" and with the Porsche branding...Nice Wiki quote, though you forgot the part about him being arrested for war crimes... :D :D..

Edited by WarpSpeed

after all that im pretty sure no one on here will buy anything from either of you :D

Why the stupid comment..

Yeah you got me I could never afford a replica porsche like the ones your building :):D , your banging each others buisness in a public forum that is potentialy filled with your future customers.. need I explain more

You got Ceramic coated here or they are shipped in? I could have saved you a lot of heartache and told you that chocolate would melt if you'd asked me first! :)

Imported...same as carbs

cant get ceramic here ..well I cant find..

And the carbs are actually cheaper to buy in the US and impot them..

Even the wheels were imported...from the cost, i think they each had a seat in 1st class with extra leg room

I tried to contact you via PM to discuss a serious inquiry regarding your 356 shells but your PM is shut off, please contact me VIA PM with your email address so I can send it, Thanks

• 2 weeks later...