New Hotel Inkorat ?

cockneyrebel

Hi there , hope this is the right place to post this , A friend mentioned to me that there was a new or newish hotel in Korat oppersite the shopping mall with the waterfall outside , can any one give me any info name ,website, how to contact etc I will be coming to do some christmas shopping soon Thanks .C.R.

My wife comes from Korat, so I know the area fairly well. I'm not to sure about a new hotel near the shopping mall but the nearest hotel that I know is KS Pavillion Hotel in Mittraphap Road, a few minutes walk from the shopping mall, on the opposite side of the road going towards Korat City. It's ok and reasonably priced with breakfast. If you have transport try the Best Hotel on the main highway over the road from the front gate of the army camp also the bus from Morchit Bangkok that goes to Korat on highway 304 stops right outside the front door, there is a price range and they're all very reasonable.

Hi C.R.. I think you are talking about the City Park Hotel. http://www.cityparkhotel-korat.com/ Their phone number is 044-247555. They are a new hotel across from the mall. Me and the wife stayed there a few months ago for 1200 baht per night. It was OK but seemed a little basic for the price. We prefer the Sima Thani for 1400 baht with more plush rooms and a much better breakfast but is further away from the mall. --Joe--

Edited by JoeInSurin

Thank's for your help people , Joe i was told it was about 800 baht , useually stay at the Sima Thani , but going with a few other people , who may or may not wish to spend too much on a hotel ,at the sima i have all ways had to pay from 1700 to 2100, dont know why cheers C.R.

Thank's for your help people , Joe i was told it was about 800 baht , useually stay at the Sima Thani , but going with a few other people , who may or may not wish to spend too much on a hotel ,at the sima i have all ways had to pay from 1700 to 2100, dont know why cheers C.R.

With the Sima Thani we always call on the way there and get the discount price over the phone. If we just show up at the counter the price is the same as you have stated.

The Sabai hotel is quite a way east of the Mall off of route for 850 Baht per night including breakfast. Their is plenty of public transport, so no need to pay extra to be near the Mall. The breakfast buffet at the Sima Thani is first class only to be out done by the Dusit Princess hotel on route 205.

Barry

Almost opposite "The Mall"

A cheaper option just a few minute walk further on same side is "The KS Pavilion Hotel"

The beds in the KS Pavilion hotel are very hard, same as sleeping on the floor.

Barry

The beds in the renovated rooms are quite comfortable now. I stay there regularly and think its good value for money.

For me it is the Chaopraya that has the hardest beds in Korat. Stayed there one time and never again!!

CityPark is the nearest to The Mall with KS Pavillion not much further away.

I have stayed at both and found the KS Pavillion to be better value. I did not find the bed to be too hard.

CityPark I have found to be full on occasion and also have found rooms with large beds as opposed to a twin room often unavailable.

If proximity to The Mall was the priority then I personally would choose the KS Pavillion which is literally only a handful of yards further way than and would leave guests with a few extra baht in their pocket for spending at The Mall

Just had a look at the website of the Sima Thani and they seem to have a special promotion. Superior rooms only cost 1100 THB.

http://www.simathani.com/promotion.jpg

Almost opposite "The Mall"

A cheaper option just a few minute walk further on same side is "The KS Pavilion Hotel"

The beds in the KS Pavilion hotel are very hard, same as sleeping on the floor.

Barry

The beds in the renovated rooms are quite comfortable now. I stay there regularly and think its good value for money.

For me it is the Chaopraya that has the hardest beds in Korat. Stayed there one time and never again!!

I stayed there a couple of years ago when they were just starting to renovate som rooms. The room we stayed in was not renovated, so it's good news that they have put more comfortable beds in the rooms.

Barry

Wife & I have been staying at the KS Pav. several times over the last 3 years.

Both before and after the renovation I must say I did not notice the beds too hard at all, and I don't like a hard mattress.

For 700Baht incl breakfast, nice friendly staff, particularly the lady manager I can not fault it in any way.

Laundry extremely cheap and done very professionally.

Air cons in some rooms could do with an upgrade though, bit noisy and not a great deal of control over the temperature!

Last stay was in March this year and will head back there in January.

Edited by fishhooks

Is this where City Park is? Koratmap only has GoogleEarth .kmz files instead of Google Maps locations, and I'm having a hard time finding exactly where it and KS Pavilion are.

My girlfriend insists that KS pavilion is too far away from The Mall to walk to, that it is closer to the Big C. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

Is this where City Park is? Koratmap only has GoogleEarth .kmz files instead of Google Maps locations, and I'm having a hard time finding exactly where it and KS Pavilion are.

My girlfriend insists that KS pavilion is too far away from The Mall to walk to, that it is closer to the Big C. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

That looks pretty close. The KS Pavilion is much closer to The Mall than Big C. It's an easy walk.

The City Park would be just a few minutes walk from the much faded zebra crossing across Mittrapharp Road at one end of The Mall.

The biggest danger here is crossing this road, quite possibly one of the fastest carriage ways in a city area in Thailand.

School children actually dare the traffic to stop at this crossing and I would have no doubt that there have been many pedestrian related injuries or even deaths here.

Anyway back to the topic; The KS Pav would be a 5-10 minute walk from The Mall, certainly nowhere near Big C which would be more than a 30-40 minute walk.

BTW: My wife has just joined the conversation and thinks the beds at KS are a bit hard.

So there you go!................ So if she wants to pay about double the price at the City Park, she can dig deep for the Baht!

Edited by fishhooks

Thanks L L;

Big difference between the 2 sites and looks like changes again when you make an enquiry.

Even with these differences usually the internet rates are fairly fixed?

Fairly new hotel, I guess they are experimenting a tad in the way they quote and advertise.