Abhisit Is The Most Difficult Thai Pm: Hun Sen

george

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense, rightyo.

Hun Sen has his reasons for this nonsense, and so does Thaksin,

they are slightly based on world reality, little on the welfare of their people,

and mostly on political calculation for their own benefits.

What Publicus has said is perfectly logical and he is in a position to get good info.

Oh, and there are certainly pipelines and gas lines and fuel in African countries.

For example;

Nigerians regularly blow up themselves trying to illegally tap in and siphon off fuel.

Not the only place for this, but notable.

So much nonsense, so many laughs :D

A day without a laugh is a day....... :)

LaoPo

Your decades of contact with the People's Republic of China and the Communist Party of China should give you much to discuss about the Sino-Thai Thaksin and his gang who were TRT and now have evolved through several incarnations to the PTP/Reds, but you choose not to do so. You rather and prefer to hold your piece. 

I prefer to note the connections, which include Hun Sen (and others) and to discuss the view of the PRC that people of Chinese ancestry abroad are considered to be merely "overseas Chinese" who are eternally loyal to China which for the past 60 years has been/is the People's Republic of China ruled absolutely by the Communist Party of China.

My substantive posts concerning the CPC and the PRC, their connections to Thailand and SE Asia are critical and hostile, yet you choose to respond only in picayune ways about terminology and how some matters are expressed in the posts. Your silence in substantive matters is deafening, especially given the PRC would much prefer to have a Sino-Thai elite ruling LOS absolutely than any of the other elites.

I can and do respect a person's choices of matters to discuss or not to discuss, however, I also can wonder about such conscious choices and decisions. Your regular dismissive and feeble attempts to denigrate go only so far before they begin to speak of one's self.  

LaoPo

Your decades of contact with the People's Republic of China and the Communist Party of China should give you much to discuss about the Sino-Thai Thaksin and his gang who were TRT and now have evolved through several incarnations to the PTP/Reds, but you choose not to do so. You rather and prefer to hold your piece. 

I prefer to note the connections, which include Hun Sen (and others) and to discuss the view of the PRC that people of Chinese ancestry abroad are considered to be merely "overseas Chinese" who are eternally loyal to China which for the past 60 years has been/is the People's Republic of China ruled absolutely by the Communist Party of China.

My substantive posts concerning the CPC and the PRC, their connections to Thailand and SE Asia are critical and hostile, yet you choose to respond only in picayune ways about terminology and how some matters are expressed in the posts. Your silence in substantive matters is deafening, especially given the PRC would much prefer to have a Sino-Thai elite ruling LOS absolutely than any of the other elites.

I can and do respect a person's choices of matters to discuss or not to discuss, however, I also can wonder about such conscious choices and decisions. Your regular dismissive and feeble attempts to denigrate go only so far before they begin to speak of one's self.  

Exactly.

Discussing the role of China in the past and present world would need it's own topic.

Apart from that it's not allowed here, if you would read the forum rules, and secondly my experience has told me that it would be a complete waste of time to discuss China because of the utter ignorance about China's history, past and present, of most.

You are trying to bend the discussion from Hun Sen and Abhisit to the role of China, which is weird because China does not play a role in the conflict between the two countries. If you have proof China does, proof it.

If you are so full of disgust and have so many comments about China and it's role in the world, why on earth are you living there, teaching English at the age of 65 at which age most people are enjoying their lives, retired as they would be ? :D ...make a few more Yuan/RMB than you would in Thailand ?

That's my final word on China here and I let this Kindergarden's playground to you and let's see when this discussion about China is stopped :D

LaoPo

LaoPo

Exactly.

Discussing the role of China in the past and present world would need it's own topic.

Apart from that it's not allowed here, if you would read the forum rules, and secondly my experience has told me that it would be a complete waste of time to discuss China because of the utter ignorance about China's history, past and present, of most.

You are trying to bend the discussion from Hun Sen and Abhisit to the role of China, which is weird because China does not play a role in the conflict between the two countries. If you have proof China does, proof it.

If you are so full of disgust and have so many comments about China and it's role in the world, why on earth are you living there, teaching English at the age of 65 at which age most people are enjoying their lives, retired as they would be ? :D ...make a few more Yuan/RMB than you would in Thailand ?

That's my final word on China here and I let this Kindergarden's playground to you and let's see when this discussion about China is stopped :D

LaoPo

Persistently you choose to discuss the "utter ignorance" of "most" about China pre or post 1949 and to telescope the age of a forumist as if it were a fault, rather than to discuss the relationship between the Communist Party of China which rules the People's Republic of China, to Thailand and SE Asia, the Sino-Thai Thaksin and his gang or to much else that's related.

Your choice and decision to withhold is telling. The condesention towards others is noted. 

Some prefer to light a candle, others to blow it out.

So be it. 

So some groups in and out of military and some pirates preyed on refugees,

doesn't mean a generally ineffective government condoned it,

just didn't have the organizational integrity to stop it.

The Thai government at the time officially supported the Khmer Rouge; militarily, diplomatically and financially.

They also backed them for a seat in the UN.

They gave refuge and training to Khmer Rouge fighters that fought a guerilla war against the Viet Namese from Thai territory.

It was the Thai military that was wholly responsible for the Preah Vihear Massacre also, not pirates or "some groups".

Just setting the record straight, as your post is far from the reality of the situation at the time.

Sorry for straying back off topic. The knowledge of SEA history can be appalling on this forum at times.

And as Oberkommando seems to be a history revisionist by not mentioning the cause of some of the actions, maybe it should be mentioned that US and several other nations was the backer of K.R. at the time, to contain the Viet Nam problem. Thailand, being a close ally and staunchly anti-communist, saw that it was better to help K.R. out than having to face the expansionist Viet Nam on their own turf.

It has nothing to do with supporting the actions of the ones in power next door, it is about fighting the worst enemy at the time, one at the time.

This doesn't look good for Thailand. First you have a neighbor essentially trashing you and this distracts from your power and influence in the region. That's something that Thailand doesn't need right now. Abhisit is a nice guy, but he is lacking in firm leadership ability and in keeping a cool head. All the wailing, crying and gnashing of teeth that Thailand did over Thaksin's visit (as well as Kasit's remarks about Cambodia) are coming back to bite them in the behind.

Thailand would have done much better to take the high road and use a diplomatic approach. This government has work to do and that includes something besides chasing after Thaksin.

As for Hun Sen....well his words speak for themselves.

In reality Abhisit has done the right thing - Hun Sen is maneuvering for Thaksin. Having had Hun Sen thumb his nose at Thailand at ASEAN - what don't you get? The Thai PM has revoked assistance to Cambodia due to their war mongering PM who is now harbouring a convicted criminal fugitive from Thailand! And you say Hun Sens words speak for themselves? Get a life.... :)

This doesn't look good for Thailand. First you have a neighbor essentially trashing you and this distracts from your power and influence in the region. That's something that Thailand doesn't need right now. Abhisit is a nice guy, but he is lacking in firm leadership ability and in keeping a cool head. All the wailing, crying and gnashing of teeth that Thailand did over Thaksin's visit (as well as Kasit's remarks about Cambodia) are coming back to bite them in the behind.

Thailand would have done much better to take the high road and use a diplomatic approach. This government has work to do and that includes something besides chasing after Thaksin.

As for Hun Sen....well his words speak for themselves.

In reality Abhisit has done the right thing - Hun Sen is maneuvering for Thaksin. Having had Hun Sen thumb his nose at Thailand at ASEAN - what don't you get? The Thai PM has revoked assistance to Cambodia due to their war mongering PM who is now harbouring a convicted criminal fugitive from Thailand! And you say Hun Sens words speak for themselves? Get a life.... :)

Quite true. Asean knows from experience Thaksin's role in busting up the Pattaya/Asean conference which caused Asean leaders to evacuate the building from the roof by helicopter. Countries of Asean and Apec know Thaksin's behaviours and the Reds he controls. Those leaders know Thaksin is angling for his 76bn loot and is agitating in Thailand until he gets his money or else.

Hun Sen arrived at the Asean/Apec conference in Singapore reiterating his appointment the day before of Takki as his economic advisor with everyone knowing Thaksin is CEO & CFO of the reds. Who in the world, much less East and SE Asia doesn't know Thaksin is destablizing Thailand and that Abhisit is managing the trying situation with cool and diplomatically. 

Above all else, governments of the region know Hun Sen has seriously violated the Asean code of non interference in the domestic affairs of a member state. Burma is the clear exception to this rule, Thailand is not. Cambodia is far out of line.

Abhisit has conducted himself well and the population supports him. Thaksin the Cambodian continues to diminish his standing among the people of the North and Northeast with the latest free the spy manipulations and theatrics. Big mistake cause right now Abhisit is handing Thaksin rope, which Thaksin foolishly and laughingly is hauling in. The guy's long ago lost it.

Just going back to the title of the thread and thinking about it in a Cambodian perspective. The Cambodian oppositon that has previously been crushed by a coup led by Hun Sen, are routinely intimidated and forced abroad, have their parlaimentary immunity stripped so they can be jailed for questioning Cambodia-Vietnam policy and the oppostion who have to ask permission of Vietnam to go to Cambodian border areas (note Cambodian territory) might say Hun Sen is a somewhat difficult PM.

• 9 months later...

Perhaps PM-Abhisit might consider appointing Sam Rainsy, as an economic-adviser to the Thai government, to see how Hun Sen likes it ? Turnabout is fair play ! :)

That wouldn't have been a fair turnabout until Rainsy was convicted and sentenced. Ok, now that's done:

Cambodian court sentences fugitive opposition leader Sam Rainsy to 10 years in jail

MCOT - September 23, 2010

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/106226.html

Edited by Buchholz