Ubuntu & Mobile Internet

colspeed

Hi there,

I've been using Ubuntu for 2 years now & I love it. Currently, I'm on 9.10 and about to upgrade. I have an Acer aspire 5050(never again).

I live in the south, out in the countryside and can't get broadband so I'm thinking of going the mobile route. Any recommendations? Or anything definitely NOT to get?

Any suggestions at all would be great, thanks.

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with CAT CDMA Novatel / Merlin X720 express card modem.

Works out of the box. No drivers to download, It detected the device as soon as it was plugged in and all I had to do was input my username and password.

CAT CDMA is significantly faster than any Edge or GPRS currently available until 3G comes along.

Hope this info is of use

Works out of the box. No drivers to download, It detected the device as soon as it was plugged in and all I had to do was input my username and password.

CAT CDMA is significantly faster than any Edge or GPRS currently available until 3G comes along.

Hope this info is of use

Great, thanks a lot!

By the way, I'm NOT upgrading from 9.10, but To it from 9.04! Sorry

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this info is of use

Im using mint and it found my Mc760 straight away too(I didnt have to input username or password though)