One Night In Kl

fishhooks

Flying into KL from Bangkok with Air Asia mid afternoon one day next March, transferring to the city by the Shuttle Bus, then back to the airport the following day for a flight to Australia.

Can anyone recommend a convenient 3-4 star hotel reasonably located to the Shuttle Bus point and city area, for a quick look around for the one night.

Haven't been to KL for 10+ years so not too sure on the in's & out's.

Does TW with an Australian Visa need a visa for 1 night Malaysia.

Thanks

Is that the shuttle bus that runs to KL Sentral? If so, there's a Hilton and Le Meridien there according to the wikitravel Brickfields page, although probably a tad pricey. Probably wouldn't be a hassle finding cheaper places nearby, although being the main station, there's bound to be seedy areas to avoid. Should also be some good eating there as it's the Indian area.

Won't be a problem with the missus as Thai's get an automatic 30 days, plus you have your flights out to Oz the following day. :)

I stayed at the Corus hotel £28 a night,ok but not the greatest,apparentley 4*(booked through Agoda)its 100m from Petronas Towers and 50m from KLCC underground.I can't complain about my stay there,not far from the bar areas especially the aloha bar which runs a happy hour from 5pm till 9pm,20RM(200baht) for the first drink then 1RM(10baht)till 9,as from the airport i paid 71RM into the centre,thats from LCCT Terminal.Kuala Lumpur,clean but boring,hope you have a good do.....

this is a very good one !!! opened just a few months ago, and a perfect location - walking distance from KL SENTRAL (though due to the huge construction work going on in front of KL SENTRAL right now, the walk is a little longer at the moment.

This is a very decent 3-star hotel and the prices are reasonable.

Located right next to the MONORAIL station, which is the most useful means of transport to get around in the CBD - just a couple of minutes to the giant shopping malls such as TIMES SQUARE (get off at IMBI) or the BINTANG WALK (get off at BUKIT BINTANG).

inside the KL SENTRAL complex, there is another LRT-line which you can use to go to KLCC.

I usually stay at an excellent good-value-for-money hotel in the Chowkit area when I am in KL (which is several times a year, so I can say I know the conditions there) , but HOTEL SENTRAL may easily by my number1-choice in the future. bookable for example through kl-hotels.com (part of the AWD - AsiaWebDirect - network)