Can I Setup Signals "split" Between My Computers?

cykomiko

Hi all,

Me and my Zyxel again...

- 3Mb Maxnet premier

- PC hooked to adsl through a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 V2 (with wifi)

- A laptop hooked to the wifi network

Here is the deal(s):

When I use Utorrent (which means nearly all the time), Firefox pages won't load and it takes a couple refreshes to load the page properly. Then it does, at quite slow speed. But with the laptop that's connected to the wifi network (not using torrents) it's all fine, pages load super fast.

All this didn't happen with the Huaweii modem from Maxnet...

Does it mean the PC bandwith is too small? If that's the case, is there a way to "give" the PC more juice?

Another little request:

I have trouble forwarding ports. I succeeded yesterday, using Simple Port Forwarding(SPF), but my port is closed again today. I set a static IP (in SPF), which is apparently required, but does it really work? I thought only your ISP could do it. I costs an additional leg to get it from maxnet...

Any help is appreciated,

mic

There is no way to give your PC more juice, but what you could do is allocate your bandwidth. Suggest you measure your actual connection speed (eg. http://speedtest.thaivisa.com). Then go into utorrent => options => preferences => bandwidth. Set maximum uTorrent upload/download rates, making sure that you leave some in reserve for your browsing.

But do you need to leave uTorrent on all the time? Bandwidth is a big problem in Thailand. If you need it fine, but if you don't please consider turning it off!

But do you need to leave uTorrent on all the time? Bandwidth is a big problem in Thailand. If you need it fine, but if you don't please consider turning it off!

By that I meant,I download many movies, serie or documentaries that take time, so it's on nearly all the time...

So how comes my laptop is just fine? I don't get that... If the PC has issues, no reason the laptop doesn't...

Thanks.

When you are not using it, please leave it turned on.

As your BT application has used a lump of the bandwidth within Thailand to get a torrent file, by leaving your application running allows you to share that file with others. Assuming you are downloading non-Thai language programming it will be of benefit to others here by allowing them to D/L from within Thailand rather than add further pressure to the International data connections. :)

Share & Enjoy !