60 Day Tourist Visa

I will have to leave Jomtien - Pattaya to get a new 60 day visa later this year. Has anyone got any recommendations as to which country is easiest and fastest (Cambodia, Maylasia or Lao). I don't mind using an all inclusive visa company for the trip if it's reasonably priced, reliable and comfortable. I have read older reports but conditions and companies seem to change frequently. Thanks.

Sorry - I was not looking for a link for a train trip to Lao or times the consulate were open in my original post. I am looking for a recommendation for a reputable visa company that people were satisfied with that provided these types of no hassle trips. I would prefer not to worry when the consulate was open or the best train to catch, I did my backpacking trips years ago. I also only need a single entry visa as opposed to the double. Thanks

You can easily get a free 60 days tourist visa in Brunei, but you will have to stay one night and nothing much to do here.

Sure ! You can get a free one in Brisbane, Australia. But there is a one-week wait because of the "queue". But if you pay $45, there is no wait.......

The charge also applies if you're planning to extend your visa by 30 days and don't have a ticket out of the country at the end of 60 days....

While we're on the subject of visas, I have a retirement visa to renew in March. I'm married with two Thai kids from the marriage so I thought I'd ask for the 400,000 baht in bank option. Anyone tell me if there are any strings attached; would my wife have to show any income for example?

Gerry. You have asked before and the answer was given Here.

Thanks LB. Call me dim, and I won't mind, but it's a one year extension to my retirement visa I refer to. If I'm single I have to have 800,000 baht "security" but if I'm married with two Thai children from the marriage, I only have to have 400,000 baht security and to add to that I have to keep it in the bank for an extra month. Have I got that right?

For a retirement extension of stay it is 800k married or single.

For a marriage extension of stay it is 400k.

Both methods require money in bank for 2 months first application and 3 months for any further extensions of stay.

I went to Penang in October, went to one of the bureaus that offer visa renewal services, paid them 5 RM ( = 50 THB) and I could collect my pasport in the afternoon.

I just checked AIRASIA website for a retour ticket from Bangkok to Penang just before Christmas costs about 10.000 THB. I suggest stay in one of the hotels one night and return next day.

If you go to the agency in time on the arrival day you get your pasport back same day otherwise next day.