Help Wanted : Telephone Fwd'g From Uk

muay_thai2

I am thinking of re-locating a small business from the UK to Thailand but want to retain the outward impression of a UK company.

I am wanting to be able to set up a phone number in the UK that will divert my incoming calls through to my mobile in thailand, hopefully with the added benefit of the user paying for the call without it being at highly inflated prices.

Currently when I call Thailand I use an 0871 no. which cost me about 12p / minute and was wondering if it is possible to set up a similar no. that would just divert directly to my no. in thailand.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MT

I am thinking of re-locating a small business from the UK to Thailand but want to retain the outward impression of a UK company.

I am wanting to be able to set up a phone number in the UK that will divert my incoming calls through to my mobile in thailand, hopefully with the added benefit of the user paying for the call without it being at highly inflated prices.

Currently when I call Thailand I use an 0871 no. which cost me about 12p / minute and was wondering if it is possible to set up a similar no. that would just divert directly to my no. in thailand.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MT

Hiya,

Not sure about forwarding the calls but try www.cell-comm.co.uk

They offer free int calls from x-network mobiles and 3p a min landlines.

Hope this helps!

You could try Vonage...

However, I think you'd need to be certain it's working properly with your internet connection before giving it out to people to used. Also, I've had issues especially at certain times of day, where people calling rings the phone, but I get silence...

(I think it's a bandwidth issue - such that you might need to have a proper business internet option to guarantee sufficient international bandwidth at all times of day).

Personally I'm on True's internet cafe product, and don't generally have a problem phoning the UK in the evenings (UK time) which is what I got it for - or, most of the time for calling the office in London. - But them calling me has been problematic... (and my brother calling from a rig in the North Sea never works - so it might be dependent on the UK company making the calls. - i.e. regular BT seems OK, but Colt, or others seem iffy when calling a Vonage number...)

• 1 month later...