Best Bang For Your Buck Hothatch/sports Car

crs

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice find! That's crazy!!! It sounds like a jet turbine engine!! And it must be revving at about 20,000 and still pulling at more then 1150 lbs of torque!! On an engine a fraction the size of an equivalent piston engined car to make that much HP, that's a Rotary for ya! Now if you could just keep the exhaust from catching on fire :) and possibly your car with it...

Edited by WarpSpeed

* (2.3 L-16v I4) - 195 PS (143 kW; 192 hp) − 0-62 mph: 6.9 s. Top Speed: 146 mph (235 km/h)

* (2.3 L-16v I4) - 215 PS (158 kW; 212 hp) − 0-62 mph: 6.7 s. Top Speed: 149 mph (240 km/h)

* (2.5 L-16v I4) - 238 PS (175 kW; 235 hp) − 0-60 mph: 6.1 s. Top Speed: 154 mph (248 km/h)

Eh?? Hows that again?

BMW 325I M Package

• 1 year later...

Subaru WRX or STI are the only options availble in Thailand that are real sports cars and don't require modding.

Expats can get finance, even the WRX has 220 bhp (detuned fro the Thai market) and a 2.5l turbo engine. If you want it can be modded to 270bhp very, very easily. With 4 wheel drive it out perfoms everything on the road except supercars, in the dry and in the wet. It is amazingly reliable and is the real deal.

I have not found anything to beat it - there are no EVO's sold by Mitsu so fogrt them, the GTI has just arrived and is not sold by teh VW main dealer (read spare risk for both).

Forget everthing else and at least test drive the scooby - you will be smitten!

Just wanted to check if you know who can do the ECU re-map on the Thai 220 hp Subaru to take it to the 265 or 270. Would you have any recomendations. Cheers.