Will The Real Beer Chang Pls Step Up

james.d

Anyone else missing the real Beer Chang and not this classic lark? Anyone have or know of a secret stash?

Dont really like the classic imposter but i was told its due to a prob;em with Carlsberg..

Is it a case (pardon the pun) of .. they will accept what we deliver?

I prefer the new Classic, there's no chlorine in it.

My local 7 had both in last weekend so there may still be some chlorinated Chang still around if you look.

Yes PattayaParent i must agree, the Classic is a marked improvement!

Has Beer Chang changed - I don't think so.

Chang 'classic' is just a relabelling of the old stuff, to fit in with the new marketing strategy.

If you read the press release there is no mention at all of a new recipe/taste - just new names to distinguish the 3 products and encourage customers to identify with one or another.

“Beer Chang Classic” for drinkers with a strong and unmistakable personality; “Beer Chang Draught” for smooth, suave beer lovers; and, “Beer Chang Light” for cool and trendy revelers.” What utter crap.

Of course, some people still believe that Chang is 'Carlsberg' in a different bottle.

Personally, I do enjoy Chang Draught - Yet I am strong, cool, and trendy - now I'm confused.

• 1 month later...
Has Beer Chang changed - I don't think so.

Chang 'classic' is just a relabelling of the old stuff, to fit in with the new marketing strategy.

If you read the press release there is no mention at all of a new recipe/taste - just new names to distinguish the 3 products and encourage customers to identify with one or another.

“Beer Chang Classic” for drinkers with a strong and unmistakable personality; “Beer Chang Draught” for smooth, suave beer lovers; and, “Beer Chang Light” for cool and trendy revelers.” What utter crap.

Of course, some people still believe that Chang is 'Carlsberg' in a different bottle.

Personally, I do enjoy Chang Draught - Yet I am strong, cool, and trendy - now I'm confused.

The new Chang Classic definitely tastes different. It is smoother, more consistent and as a previous poster said, there is no chlorine taste, so I suspect that they are using a better quality water.

But, to be honest I preferred the old 'Chang' not for taste but for that unmistakable 'Chang early morning buzz'.

I switched to drinking Archa beer which was 8 baht per large bottle cheaper, but just two days ago they raised the price by 4 baht.

I would like to switch to Cheers Extra but I have only seen it in tins. Has anyone seen Cheers Extra in bottles?